What are my chances of getting copd if i quit smoking at age 29 and have a 3.5 pack year smoking history? -

Monday, November 1, 2010

What are my chances of getting copd if i quit smoking at age 29 and have a 3.5 pack year smoking history? -


dont answer if you dont know what pack years is......

also dnt preach about quitting smoking i know that.
Because people have different body makeups as how well there immune system fights off toxins, I or anybody could not give you -odds- of getting COPD. A 3.5pack year smoking history is ambiguous .... is that your total pack year history? Say if you smoked for 5 years, then your pack year history 17.5 years. But if you truly have just a 3.5 year pack history, then the odds are slim. The chances become greater the earlier your started smoking.
0 you are big they wont say anything you are big to smoke thanks .
after 10yrs of abstinence, the risk is same as that in a normal non-smoker
The risk is the same my friend.

I-m sorry,
Charlie
What are my chances of getting copd if i quit smoking at age 29 and have a 3.5 pack year smoking history? -