Are symptoms on Chantix really that different than symptoms of quitting smoking without? -

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Are symptoms on Chantix really that different than symptoms of quitting smoking without? -


I started taking Chantix yesterday and about 30 minutes after this mornings pill (day 2) I started having diarrhea. I haven-t quit smoking yet, but I know the pill is blocking nicotine receptors so is it like I-ve already quit and should be expecting the withdrawal symptoms now? I also feel kinda blah, lacking motivation, all symptoms that are familiar to me from previous attempts at quitting, the only differences are Chantix and the fact that I am still smoking.
Be VERY careful while on chantix! Man that-s one scary drug.



http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2007/10/1…

read the comments


http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/q…



http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/P…


Make sure the one-s around you are aware of you taking Chantix so they can hopefully intervene should things get really bad for you. Symptoms can persist even AFTER you are off the medication.

Take care and Good Luck!
Yes. Give it some time, it should block most of those symptoms. If you-re still smoking after 3 months, go on a second three months. If it doesn-t work by then, it-s time to give up, but it has a very high success rate.

EDIT -- Only a minority of people get scary side effects, for most of us it-s just a bit of nausea and vivid dreams.
Are symptoms on Chantix really that different than symptoms of quitting smoking without? -