How to quit smoking cigarettes ? -

Saturday, August 3, 2013

How to quit smoking cigarettes ? -


Please give the best answer.
I began smoking at the age of 15 and finally quit for good at the age of 57 (a year ago), when I was at a pack a day. Even tho- all the experts say you have to go cold turkey, I think that just increases the craving. This is how I did it. Everytime I wanted a cigarette, I only smoked half of it. So, I immediately cut my intake in half. After a few weeks of doing that (gives your body time to adjust to less nicotine), I would only take about 4 puffs, put it out and save it for the next craving. After a few weeks of that, I went to 2 puffs, then one puff (where one cigarette could last me a day or two). My body gradually got used to doing without the nicotine and I got to a point where I said, -when this pack is done, I-m not buying anymore-. That was a year ago. Recently, I stayed with my son, who smokes, and took a drag off his cigarette. I didn-t like the taste and it hurt my throat. If I can do it, you can do it, because I loved smoking!!!
Go to the doctor and get a prescription for Chantix. It-s a pill and the first week you take it you can still smoke and then after the first week you quit. It-s different from nicotene gum and patches because with those they still give you nicotene. Chantix blocks off the nerve receptors in your brain that tell you want a cigarette. Everyone I know of that has taken it has had a lot of sucess with it. I quit cold turkey. It was extremely hard. It-s been almost one year and I still crave them at least once a week but it does get a lot easier. Chantix can be really expensive even if you have insurance but it-s really worth it when you figure in how much you spend on cigarettes and/or health related issues.

Good Luck!!!
i-ve been addicted to pretty much everything that i was told not to get addicted to... and i-ve always kicked the habits. i just had to use replacement therapy. it works eventually. .... or the nicotine lozenges, they work pretty good. that-s actually how i became addicted to cigarettes. haha. i did that a little bit backwards than usual people. but oh well.
Hey, i just quit smoking cigarettes 17 days ago and im feeling very good. I get these urges which last for a minute every now and then but i KNOW i will not touch a cigarette since i came this far. Just quit for one week only, thats it....7 lousy days! Once you start spitting out brown **** your going to want to stay off of them and clean up. I quit and started exercise right after quitting. I-m still young (19) so i know i will get ripped/in-shape in about a month with heavy exercise and a well-rounded diet.

I was a heavy smoker, a pack a day on avg, camel lights. I would need a cigarette every hour, when i drive, before i ****, after i shower, before class, in between work....its really funny when i look back and see how big a part of my life smoking was.

Now, i don-t need to give a **** about having my cigarette...i breathe fresh air, my muscle are growing, my hands don-t smell like cigarettes 24/7...my teeth are getting whiter with heavy brushing and also im saving $5 a day....i don-t see any disadvantages of quitting hehe

Fyi, i was forced to quit....i had to take a blood test for an insurance policy my father opened for me....i must be a non-smoker. Im happy the way things turned out

again, just quit for ONE WEEK!!!!! thats it, after that you can light your lungs as much as you want...if you can-t quit for a week you lack will-power...i know its hard but its all what your brain tells yourself. You MUST remind yourself that there is -NO DISADVANTAGE OF QUITTING-....the cigarette companies fund the anti-smoking advertising to make it seem SO HARD TO QUIT.....its not, its disgusting and you don-t need nicotine to live.....JUST QUIT GODAMNIT

go running and see how out of shape your lungs/heart are
Well, there honestly isn-t a true cure for the feeling to need a cigarette.. But it would be best to ask a friend to stay with you for a while until you stop, there-s also alternative methods like nicotine patches, and nicotine gum. But I would most reccomend having a friend stay with you and make sure you don-t smoke.
well there are a number of ways if you live in you US most states have a smokers quit line like in new york its 1 866 nyquits but there is nicotine gum or patches or even when you want a cigarette just chew mint gum whenever you want one throw out all your cigarettes as a sign that you are ready to quit then move on from there if that doesnt help call your doctor =] lemme know how it works
I went cold turkey after a night of drinking so I was feeling pretty crook and couldn-t stand to look at a smoke and we had none left and no money to buy any, all our neighbours had given up so after a few days we didnt even want one, its a habit thing, if you need shock therapy, go to the cancer ward and look at all the people dying from this insidious addiction, you-ll notice not only old people like you would expect, but young ones too, have lost both of my parents through smoking related diseases, its terrible to see and each day make a new resolve, I will not smoke, it does help you, goodluck I hope you succeed! :)
i have these products its a 4life product its called super detox u can email me for more information i have a lot of products my family and i are using this is what they used to stop smoking cigs and one of the products cure my brother of cancer
My mom did this and it worked. Every time you want a cigarette, you eat five pieces of candy, or do something you like to do... that-s not smoking. GOOD LUCK =D
Stop pickin- em up.
How to quit smoking cigarettes ? -