For anyone who has sucessfully quit smoking? -

Monday, July 20, 2015

For anyone who has sucessfully quit smoking? -


how hard was it say on a 1 to 10 scale.
mine is feeling like 11---L.O.L
but really i am on my 5th day and it is getting harder not easier--anyone can offer hope that in time it does get easier? and any suggestions that may help?
today i feel alot of anxiety and waiting for it to pass - i hope it will.
thanks so much:)
I felt much better after about 7 days. However, my hubby had a terrible time for two months.

He says he got through it by telling himself, I don-t NEED a cigarette right now, I just want one. He started every day by writing I am not going to smoke today as the first line in his journal.

Get some gum. Get some Tic Tacs. Don-t trade cookies and candy for cigarettes. You know what I-m saying here.

It-s been six months for both of us. Occasionally, I still want a cigarette. It-s not a serious craving but when I-m feeling high stress and I sit in my recliner chair with a cup of tea, I sure miss them for a minute or two. Then, I used DH-s technique...I don-t need a cigarette, I just want one.

You are doing a good thing for yourself right now--playing on the computer and keeping your hands busy. It helps to keep yourself distracted.

Oh another thing that helped me was not going outside with smoking co-workers when they invited me even though they knew I was trying to quit.
When I quit it felt like an 11 for like the first two weeks but I treated myself with getting cable to reward myself and use the cash that was going toward cigarattes. But after the first two weeks it went down to 6 and kept getting easier. Now if something bad happens it-s like an 8 to not start again but I go like weeks at a time without thinking of lighting up.Good luck
You must know what are the advantages of quitting:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/cigarette…


This will keep you motivated throughout. My friend was chain smoker and he quit. He use to say, just be mentally strong and you can do it. Here are some tips that helped him:

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/8-easy-ti…

It will get easier. Cravings usually go away within a few weeks. Remember this: smoking a cigarette WILL NOT reduce your need to smoke. It will only trigger even more craving. I-ve been smoke free for over 3 years, and it is so freeing to not be a slave to cigarettes.
When I met the guy I married he had quit smoking. I-d been up to 3 packs a day for a while but was tapering off at that point. But he gave me a choice....him or smokes. I quit cold turkey. He-s been worth it!!! Sure it was hard but what a prize I got for it.
It will get easier. You need to realize that it-s a really tough addiction and it takes time for your body to adjust. Get some nicotine gum. Do some exercise. Distract yourself as much as possible. Just give it time to work.
Hang in there. It is tough really tough. Just remember only a really strong person can quit and you are one of them. Good Luck!
For anyone who has sucessfully quit smoking? -