I quit smoking 2 months ago. How long before my body feels the benefits.? -

Monday, July 16, 2012

I quit smoking 2 months ago. How long before my body feels the benefits.? -


How long before the lungs are clear and my body rids me of the damage I have done to myself from smoking for 38years. When will I stop dreaming about smoking? When I wake from those dreams I am really upset with myself until I realise that it was a dream.
Different parts of your body will recover at different rates. Be patient with yourself and keep telling yourself what a great person you are!

These issues will peel off one by one until they are all gone.
I quit smoking cold turkey too - in 1972! Never smoked again.


Report Abuse



Umm Bloodhound, your a female.. WTF do you mean sex last longer??


Report Abuse



i stoped 12 years ago. ami healther ...im sure iam....do i feel better after stoping...NO....do i still want a cigarette.....hell yes....does my food taste better ....NO....do i sleep any better ....NO.......does sex last longer ....NO(doc said it would) but then after all i stoped so i would live longer.....................
Your lungs will start to clear immediately. You will never repair any of the damage done to your lungs. Once the alveoli are destroyed they never grow back and you may end up with lung problems in a few years. It is good you quit. After 38 years of smoking it is normal to have those dreams, they will go away soon. If you are on a patch they can cause you to have those dreams. Good luck
You will be reminded of the -good old days- every time you get a whiff of someone-s cigarette smoke or see a butt laying in your driveway. It took me six months of trying every day, just to quit completely. It took me over one year in addition to get over the craving.
I cannot say I ever noticed feeling better after I quit, which was 30 years ago. You have no way of knowing if smoking caused any damage, either temporary or permanent, unless something shows up in the future.
Bad dreams are something some people have to live with. My worst dream, still plaguing me for over 30 years: I dream that I cannot make it on the outside and have to go back in to the Army to survive. If I have that dream tonight, I am going to blame you.
usually 2-4 more weeks depending on how strong your body is
Sorry...But If you smoke for like 38 years your lungs are already VERY damage,The-re is nothing you can do about it...till you die
I quit smoking 2 months ago. How long before my body feels the benefits.? -