How did you quit smoking? -

Monday, July 23, 2012

How did you quit smoking? -


Well im 21, and Ive only been smoking for a year and 3 months, but i want to quit. How did you successfully quit smoking?
Thanks =0)
Well I-m in the process of figuring this one out as well. I decided today was the day I was quitting, and I haven-t smoked in 7 hours or so. I-ve been wanting to quit for a while now. Just sick of the addiction, the cost, the smell... the poor health! I went and bought some nicorette gum but I don-t like it. (it-s really hard and tastes funny after about 5 min of chewing it) I-ve decided to try to go cold turkey, and if I truly need a -fix-, I-ll chew one of those gross pieces of gum. Best of luck to you! We can do this!!

PS. Ignore the rude people. Idk why people who have never smoked answer a question like this! At least you-re quitting the nasty habit!!
I quit after having smoked for 27years ( ugh... I am old), I have been quit since June 21, 2007. I have to admit I did use the chantix drug for 10 days but had a reaction to it and had to stop, fortunately I have managed to stay quit. The cravings can be strong when you are doing things you normally would do when smoking. For me the hardest things to overcome have been wanting to smoke when on the phone or having coffee, now I chew on a straw.
I also tell myself when I have a craving to wait 15minutes and if I still crave it then I can go buy some, thankfully the craving passes.

I hope this helps a little.
Restrict yourself to how many you smoke a day and decrease in number then go onto a nicotine solution to stop the smoking, like nicotine gum, patches etc. I-ve heard lollipops help as it-s got something in your mouth and that.

There are other ways like hypnotisms from tapes but that-s not for everyone.
How did I quit? I made it as awkward as possible to smoke. Used a two foot long cigarette holder. Kept matches and cigarettes in different places. Wrapped cigarettes in saran so they were a pain in the neck to open. And after a couple of weeks of that, just decided that I was stronger than a stupid cigarette and simply stopped. And haven-t had another one since.
You can do it.

Talk to your doctor. They will probably suggest some therapy programs. If you really want to quit then the therapy programs will definitely work. Also stop hanging around people who smoke. The smell won-t help. It will only want to make you do it more.
Just wait untill you get a cold or some virus.... Smoking then just made me feel so much worse I could never do it.... They last about three or four days... Then just hold on and dont slip up the cravings will really be gone after about ten days... I tried the patches but when I got to the end of them they always burned my fingers....
I decided to never start. That made it pretty easy. My brother actually just sort of quit, cold turkey. He had motivation though. His girlfriend didn-t like it, so he stopped smoking for her.
well, shame on you for starting in the first place!!

if i were stupid enough to start, i would use nicotine patches. or just quit cold turkey and deal with the madness.
I never started. That-s how you quit.

Answer mine?
http://answers.yahoo.com/answer/appeal?q…

try joining communities that helps u stop smoking and drinking and other bad hapbbts:).
and i really recommend u going to church and beg ur pastor for prayer,
and guidance:)
ween you-re self off it step by step, just cut down the amount of cigarettes you smoke and chew gum is probably the easiest way
Patch, gum, lozenges.
do you smoke by your self or when your around people?
My husband is a smoker and he quit smoking with the patch and gum.
Electronic Cigarettes.
Try hypnotism.
there are these little things you are suppost to eats like once a day for about 2 weeks,idk what they are called.
I just quit. I didnt find it hard at all.
I smoked for many years. Cold turkey was the way for me. Good luck.
never started.
u can quit by getting preg
i got pregnant LOL!
stop buying cigs
How did you quit smoking? -