How do you quit smoking? -

Friday, August 3, 2012

How do you quit smoking? -


I smoked from 1-1/2 to 2 packs of menthols a day for over 30 yrs, first Kools then generics when the price got too much, and tried to quit several times, including at different times cold turkey, and Nicorette and the prescription drug Zyban.
* Zyban (Buprofion) made me feel *goofy* not in a good way, so I didn-t stay with it.

What finally worked for me was the prescription drug Chantix from Pfizer. They advise that you start taking it one week before you want to quit. I started taking Chantix on March 15th of this year and stopped smoking on March 22nd, my birthday. You continue taking the drug for 12 weeks. I-m now tobacco-free for 5months and one week, and it-s the first time that I-ve truly felt successful in quitting.

So Chantix was the only method that ever worked for me and I finally consider myself an -EX- Smoker!-
There are many ways to quit smoking. Anything from hypnosis, to self help guides, to patches and pills. Each has it-s pros and cons.
Read this review to read more about it: http://www.squidoo.com/stopsmoking-quitforever
Check out
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/…
which is a -Why Do I Smoke- quiz.

Check out Quit Assist,
http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/quitas…


Go see your doctor to see what smoking cessation aids, if any, could work for you.

Join a support group. Yahoo has 3 support groups for smoking cessation. Nicotine Busters is my favorite.

Good luck to you.
Quiting smoking I hear is NOT easy and can take time.
Try using nicotine patches hear they are good,
Also chew gum it can take your mind off it,

ps.I dont smoke
it will sound gross, but chewing tobacco is helping me ween from the taste of the smoke
To quit the cancer sticks a Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking- can help you.
How do you quit smoking? -