How did you quit smoking? -

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How did you quit smoking? -


Anyone that has ever had to quit can you please give me some advice to quit??
Cold Turkey. I saw my husband do it after smoking for over 25 years with no problem, burt I wasn-t ready. Nine months later I decided I really wanted to quit, so I did cold turkey after 20 years of smoking. It was hard emotionally, not physically, for maybe 2 weeks tops.

You can do it! You just have to WANT to quit. Here-s a star to get you going! Start right now, and be proud to say, -I don-t smoke.-

Bless you! :)
Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. As soon as I dealt with my psychological reasons for smoking I quit, first time and more importantly for good.

Once you deal with the psychological side of smoking it makes the quitting process easy, no matter your level of addiction.

It is key to stay positive, don-t focus on the cravings. Keep the reasons why you want to quit circling through your head. This will keep your spirit and motivation high. Cravings will ease as a result.

If you keep your focus on the negatives you are reinforcing a false belief that is too hard to quit. There are no real negative side effects to quitting, only positive ones. The longer you have stayed smoke free the easier the quitting process becomes. If you truly want to quit, believe that you can and you will.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book -36 Powerful Superfoods- to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking. For more information and to post your opinion about the products you have tried, visit the following website.

Good Luck and Good Quitting
honestly i just quit one day to another, but there-s a lot of was know like patches which they say are very helpfull, or try smoking everyday less and less, until you don-t have the urge for it, think of why you want to quit so when u do u feel guilty of doing it. Best of lucks and wish you the best I know it-s hard but you can do it just put ur mind to it
I smoked for 25 years. Tried everything to quit and I did quit. A thousand times. It-s different for everyone. I finally realized that I could never quit smoking. All I could do was stop smoking. Didn-t quit just stopped smoking. I decided I wanted to live and have been smoke free for 2 years. But they are always there asking me to come back and enjoy. When I did stop (not quit) the monster was huge and overwhelming always close at my heels. War was declared. Battle after battle was fought but the monster would never quit. There would never be a truce. One day at a time one battle at a time. Then I had the revelation that I have heard comes only with time. I never really enjoyed smoking.
I was a two pack a day person. One morning on my way to work, I opened the car window and threw out my only pack of cigs. I could not smoke at work so that evening, I fought with myself to not stop and get a another pack. The next morning I realized I had gone 24 hours without a cig (longest time in 14 years) I them made it a game with myself to continue to go just one more day. After about a week your craving will be much less. It has now been 17 years without a cig and I no long cough and get throat problems in the winter.
I-m taking Chantix right now. It cuts off the nicotine receptors in the brain.My wife used it and she has been 4 months without one. They really make the smokes taste bad and as soon as you light it you want to put it out. I just light my cigarette and hold and maybe puff it twice. I was smoking up to 40 a day so its probably take a minute for me to totally quit. It has made me to have a couple wacko dreams, which I-ve heard it does.
nicotine gums really do help. and what i did was just have one cigarette in my pocket so whenever it was time to smoke i would just put it in my mouth and pretend like im smoking it. it really helped me i hope it does the trick for you too.
All you have to do is quit for two days and you can quit for life!
smoke one in the morning and then one at night and leave your cig. on the table. don-t bring it everywhere you go.
How did you quit smoking? -