Is it true that if I quit smoking today my breath would still smell like smoke for two weeks? -

Monday, July 16, 2012

Is it true that if I quit smoking today my breath would still smell like smoke for two weeks? -


I read somewhere that the tar in my lungs will still give off a smell on my breath even if I haven-t actually had a cigarette recently ... is this true?
no.

two weeks? how silly. use listerine and 99.9% of detectable stench goes away immediately.

cheers!
Yes, its true. Also true that clothes and car and home will smell of smoke for quite some time. I quit smoking a month ago and still releasing tar from my lungs. But will get better with time.
yes it would, but a friend of mine brushed her teeth everyday and gargled. She washed all her bedding, sheets, blankets, pillows and casings, curtains all her bathroom towels, rugs and bought a new shower curtain. then had her rugs washed and cleaned by professionals. Took every ones cloths and got them dry cleaned and underwear washed. And after a few weeks her house smelled good enough to go visit her all the time. Her friends started coming around more too.
In most cases yes, your breath will still smell bad for 2 to4 weeks(or more).. Mints - mouthwash will only coverup the problem that-s coming from your lungs. Basically the lungs act as gas filters,taking CO2 out - allow O2 in. The lungs can heal themselves if given the chance. Stop smoking AND eating properly AND execising properly will give the whole body a fighting chance.
not true, but everything you own would still stink.
Yes it is.
who cares its still better for you to quit smoking period!!! its the most disgusting thing you could ever do in your life!!
SMOKE WEED EVERY DAYYYYYY
You will have bad breath permanently now unless you use mouth wash products and such. All the tar in the cigarettes has now stuck to your lungs and turned them black, this is pretty much irreversible unless you have surgery now and I for one don-t pity you. There-s clear warnings on every pack of cigs you buy and it-s your own fault you have bad breath now.
Is it true that if I quit smoking today my breath would still smell like smoke for two weeks? -