What have you found to be the best way to quit smoking for good? -

Sunday, September 9, 2007

What have you found to be the best way to quit smoking for good? -


Let me know what worked for you.
First,,,you gotta really want to quit. Thats the key. If you are just thinking about quitting, that won-t do it. If you really, really want to quit, lay em down and tell yourself, thats it. If you can make the first 3 or 4 days, you can quit. I smoked for 30 years, 2 packs a day, and I wanted to quit. So, I laid them down and that was it. You can quit if you really want to. You don-t need a bunch of smoke quitting aids and doctors help. JUST QUIT.
I quit cold turkey out of fear after visiting a hospital cancer ward and viewing the patients that were dying from lung cancer. It-s a horrible way to die.
never start
Read this book:The Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Alan Carr
My father, a lifelong smoker of 3-4 packs a day, tried pretty much everything and failed - until he tried hypnosis - and never smoked again.
glad to help, for am one of thos pious ex smokers.
25cigs a day habit, 15-30 ,now 37 and smoke free for 7 years.
first your doing the right thing by quitting , they stink, bad for your helth, and getting more exspensive.
I found some fotos of dead smokers lungs on the web one day and that got me motivated.
start conditoning by not smoking inside and not in the car ever.
I went on the Zyban program from my dr. (he used to smoketoo)
follow what the kit tells you. take the meds get down to minimum 3 a day, am noon night. i would even buy a pack just to get the one and throw it out so i couldnt get more. you can do it cuz i thought there was no way i could do it.you can i gained weight due to craving fatty foods but still fa more healtheir and wealthier than when i smoked.
the best way to quit smoking is your determination and will to quit...you yourself can help.
The nicotine patch worked for my boyfriend.
im not a smoker but ill try my best to help though..

want to stop but cant stop?..thats a very hard thing to do, stopping something..

cigarettes are full of nicotine, and tartar too..but the main focus here is nicotine..its what making you want to smoke..your addiction to it..and nicotine-s also an overthecounter drug..

trying to stop immediately and suddenly will only make your life worse..dont stop immediately or suddenly..

lets take for an example..you smoke 10 sticks of cigarettes everyday (some people smoke more..)..if you want to stop then make a schedule..deduct one stick for every week (you may say for every 2 or 3 weeks..)do that until you now only smoke 1 stick of cigarette..the after that..maintain..until you now smoke every other day..they every 3 days..until you quited completely..

sorry..im not a great explainer but hope you got the idea..
just quit, cold turkey and avoid smoke filled places for quite awhile.
pregnancy [ not me, my wife]
Reduce your cigarete day by day.
This is what I did.
I usually some one pack a day. the next week, I reduce it to one pack for two days. Then, for three days, four days, and so on and so on. After a few weeks, I am able to smoke just one cigarete a day. Now, I am smoking one cigarete a month. I saved it for the best time of the month.
Okay, so I didn-t consider myself as quit smoking, but it-s a whole lot better then before, doesn-t it?
I ate food around a used ashtray... It use to get me so sick .
I played bingo when I quit until I got sick of the smoke smell on my clothes good luck to you in quitting
What have you found to be the best way to quit smoking for good? -