What is the best way to quit smoking...please only people that have quit (reply)? -

Saturday, September 22, 2007

What is the best way to quit smoking...please only people that have quit (reply)? -


I have been thinking about quiting smoking. I have attempted in the past with no luck. It-s either stress, craving or lack of follow through that gets me. If anyone has advice that has worked for them and would not mind sharing, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
I found that what made it easiest was replacing the oral fixation on something else ... what I mean is you-re used to taking a break and having a cigarette as part of your routine ... try keeping lollipops around or gum... I had a friend who quit by keeping a water bottle around her and every time she wanted a smoke she-d just drink water until she had to do something else ... I found that the biggest obstacle that came with quitting smoking was the psychological one rather than the physical one ... good luck and stick to it!!! I know you can do it.
It-s tough. I tried for a couple of years and wasn-t able to quit until I ditched the source of my stress-the old boyfriend. One day about a month later I picked up a partial pack of cigarettes and just knew it was my last. I finished them that evening and the next morning I was a non-smoker and have been ever since. No cravings and never even thought about it again. I just didn-t need to smoke anymore.
I don-t know if that will be any help to you, but that-s what happened to me.
Be close with god..and always think somone is watchin you while u lite a cigerrate...

Another, try lookin on something makes you scary..think abt it...divert your mind by the way using a gum or a wink..

Quit in a oneway attempt ratherthan quittin slowly...it will help you more..

Regards..
Alex...
What is the best way to quit smoking...please only people that have quit (reply)? -