How can I make my parents quit smoking???? -

Sunday, May 24, 2009

How can I make my parents quit smoking???? -


My parents smoke a lot and i want them to quit.... HOW ????
There is this herbal supplement that is out that can help your parents quite smoking. I helped my grandfather quit smoking my giving him (Diet Herbs nicotine relief) it worked miracles because it took away his craving to smoke. My grandfather had been smoking for at least 40 years and he stopped so I know your parents can also.

Born kit Homeopathics also works very well and so does (Smoke Free) its a spray. You can find all of the things I mentioned at Whole Foods Market or at a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!
Chances are your health will be affected by it too. They have to want to quit. Just knowing what it does to their bodies should be enough to quit. Maybe you could reach them that way.
All you can do is just keep telling them that you don-t like it and don-t want to see them ruin their lives and your-s (with 2nd hand smoke). I smoked for 24 years and quit -Cold Turkey- because my kids did not like it. Hopefully they will see your side and do it for you - themselves.
Make yourself a sign that says, -WHY ARE YOU KILLING ME?-,
and wear it around your neck.

It should make them stop and think what their smoking is doing to you. And if they say they will compromise and not smoke around you, tell them that the children of smokers are almost 100% likely to become smokers themselves.

If that doesn-t work, ask them if it-s okay for you to take drugs seeing as they are setting the example for you by taking the drug nicotine.

Good luck.
You can-t,they are adults.Try a prayer.
tell them it really worries you and you love them and want them to be healthy
Cut off their hands.
I had the same problem when I was a kid. I just constantly badgered them about it until they finally quit.
There-s 6570 good reasons... a year.

2 smokers:
3 packs a day,
6$ a pack
1 year
3 X 6$ X 365 = 6570 $
How sad. Nicotine is a very strongly addictive substance - the fact is that you can babble til you are blue in the face about the health risks - how much you love them - dont want them to get sick but they may never quit unless they really pu their minds to it. I really hope they dont smoke around you though. If they do I would focus on the dangers of secondhand smoke - insist that they keep you healthy even if they refuse to help themselves.
It would take alot of willpower that-s for sure.......Well all I can tell you is just say I care about you guys,and lung cancer is the #1 killer I want you guys to have a healthy life,and don-t want you to leave so soon.
sweetie you cannot make anyone do anything that they are not ready to do but if i were you i would talk to them about my concerns. it may or may not help the situation but at least you have voiced your concerns. i would also pray for them that GOD would take that habit away from them. i did that with my mom but unfortunately it didn-t work until she was diagnosed with cancer then she quit but it was too late. she died of cancer about 3 months after being diagnosed. good luck sweetie
You can-t make them quit. You can ask them. You can gather facts on how harmful smoking is and show it to them. Good luck!
You can-t make them do anything if they aren-t ready or willing. However, you can continually tell them your concerns for their and your health.
Leave pamphlets around the house. Invite them to look at a website about smoking risks or quitting. Just love and support them and encourage them.
NONE of the government warnings on cigarette packets even works... if it did then no one would be smoking... you need a different approach...

when you get in a conversation about smoking again, casually slip in the conversation that you would like to see BOTH of them at your wedding some day

Also you could suggest or even buy for them -The Easy Way to Stop Smoking- by Allen Carr (from amazon ~ $10) This book has helped millions of people to stop smoking

nicotine patches dont really work that well... great in the first week or so, not so great after a year. You cannot treat a nicotine addiction by prescribing more nicotine !

My sister and my hygenist have successfully quit (4+ years) after having hypnotherapy...

You could suggest to each of your parents to pay for the hypnotherapy for each other...
How can I make my parents quit smoking???? -