How did you quit smoking? -

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How did you quit smoking? -


I-ve tried and failed. Any helpful advice welcome.
Quit breathing!
Well, I don-t smoke myself but my personal advice would be that, first of all, you have to want it. Set your mind on it. Something that works for me when I need to remind myself is to write little notes to yourself. For myself, I bought myself a small white board (about the size of a sheet of paper) that I can write things on and I see it every day. I also write what I need in block letters, colored and everything, on a sheet of paper, and I tape it to the area above my bed, so that I see it each morning and each night.

Another thing I-ve noticed that help people is to have something to distract them from smoking. Like when you have the urge to smoke, chew a piece of gum. I-m not sure if something else, like doing sudoku for example, would help, but it might be something to experiment on.

You can try those patches and things if you-d like, but really, I think going cold turkey, as hard as it may be, is best.

Maybe, if you like exercising, you can try going for runs more often or something. When I want to eat healthier, I try to exercise more. I don-t know what it is, but something about exercising makes me not want to eat junky food.

I also found this website (the link below), which goes into much detail about how to help you quit.

I really hope this helps!
~Chi
hi Martinez ..

yep it usually takes more than one attempt.. don-t get discouraged.. i smoked for over 40 years, and tried several times, before i succeeded.. so please keep trying you will find the right way for you..

i have been quit now for over 5 years..because of my involvement in a support group.. i attend nicotine anonymous meetings both locally, and on line... on line voice meetings are as close as your computer, and your welcome to attend before actually attempting a quit..

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
easier said then done.
nicotene is the MOST addictive drug there is. more addictive then heroin. the likelihood of addiction is 96%. there is however a new prescription -chantix- that has just recently come out. and has a 44% chance of quitting.
CHANTIX is different from most other quit-smoking products. It targets nicotine receptors in the brain, attaches to them, and blocks nicotine from reaching them. By activating these nicotine receptors, it is also believed that CHANTIX causes less dopamine – compared to nicotine – to be released.


site link = www.chantix.com.. and good luck :)
Think deep into your future.... so when you pick up a cigarette, think what this is going to do in a long run.- would you like to carry a oxygen tank when your old?? or the air we breathe right now is how we live right? can you imagine if you have emphysema from smoking too much your body may regect air in your body causing you to suffocate??

I use to smoke too. That-s the way I used to think and now, I get discussed when I smell cigarette.
GOOD LUCK!!
eat alot and sleep and run till you sleep so you block out the smoking habits
How did you quit smoking? -