How did you quit smoking? -

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How did you quit smoking? -


I-ve tried the patch....am willing to try again, but it gave me very vivid nightmares, so I would like to explore other inexpensive options. I am also a coffee drinker, and for me they go hand in hand. Appreciate suggestions! Cold turkey hasn-t worked for me.
on oct 8th 2006 lol, i put my ciggy out and said -thats enough- and havent touched one since...
if i ever get a urge if only lasts 20 mins and im used to not smoking now,i can smell it strongly on others and it makes my stomach lurch...
(when you fancy a ciggy, have a glass of orange juice instead)
Don-t feel bad about not being able to quit through going cold turkey. This method hardly ever works doesn-t work because it actually gives nicotine the power, not the other way around. The vast majority will fail to quit going cold turkey.

Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. Like you say
-I am also a coffee drinker, and for me they go hand in hand-.

If you could change your thoughts to -I really don-t need a smoke while having a coffee- it would make the habit easier to quit, right. Well there is a system that can help you change the way you think to exactly that. It is a very simple process that achieves great results.

Once you deal with the psychological side of smoking it makes the quitting process easy, no matter your level of addiction.

Quitting smoking does not require any patches, gums, hypnosis or anything like that. These methods are expensive, time consuming and simply do not work. All that is required is a bit of motivation, self belief and determination.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book -36 Powerful Superfoods- to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking.

Good Luck and Good Quitting
I used to smoke twenty a day for about eight years - was it really that long?!

I gave up twice, both cold turkey. I like the way you can consider yourself a non-smoker as soon as you make the decision. I find it easier to maintain the achievement than strive for it. I also know that whatever I am dealing with is natural, I have to admit to having concerns about patches. I guess is is the same as the eternal question of whether you ease or rip a plaster (band-aid) off.

My main advice would be if/when you do give up, don-t listen to that little voice that says -you can just have the odd one here and there, you won-t get back on them if it is little enough-. Even one drag in a relaxed, social environment got me hooked again. Now I will never go near them.

I have been a non-smoker for about four years now and will be for the rest of my life.
Congrats on trying to quit! I-m going through that myself right now. I was smoking 10 cigs a day when I decided to quit. So, for two weeks, i cut it down to between 2 and 4 cigs a day. Then, I quit completely. I am on day three. Unfortunately, I am going to be derailed this weekend because I am visiting an old friend I haven-t seen in a while, and I know we-ll smoke. I don-t really have a point... haha sorry!
I know it-s hard. You have to find something that motivates you. For me, I promised my little brothers I would quit, so I-m trying to be a good role model for them. Plus it-s expensive and bad for you blah blah blah... Also, it is very hard to go to the gym when you have the lung capacity of an 89 year old.
Don-t try the patch nor any other products! It has nicotine and you don-t want more nicotine in your body. You-re trying to get rid of the addiction. I-ve tried quiting too but it-s hard. You just need a motivation that-s all! We could be saving about $35 a week! That-s about $1,680 a year! (if you smoke a pack a day)
MY DR. PUT ME ON WELLBUTRIN, AN ANTIDEPRESSANT THAT ALSO HELPS TAKE AWAY THE URGE TO SMOKE, IT ACTUALLY MADE CIGARETTES TASTE BAD.I TOOK IT FOR ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE IT MADE ME NOT WANT TO SMOKE, THEN WHENEVER I WOULD GET A CRAVING I WOULD CHEW A PIECE OF NICOTINE GUM, THEN AFTER A WHILE I DIDNT EVEN NEED THE GUM. THOSE PATCHES ARE BAD,I COULDNT SLEEP AND FELT SICK WHEN I WORE THEM. GOOD LUCK!
i smoke teh weed on occasion. is quitting weed the same as quiting smoking? if so just stop buying
How did you quit smoking? -