How can I get my wife to quit smoking? -

Thursday, April 15, 2010

How can I get my wife to quit smoking? -


She has smoked for over 30 years and I can see it is effecting her health.
Part of the problem - since she-s smoked for so long - is likely that it has become such a part of her routine that she can-t imagine not doing it. Most people start smoking for one reason or another but, after awhile, it becomes habit - the real reason they smoke gets lost in the habit itself.

The problems that you face in getting her to stop are many, a lot of them from the relationship standpoint. You have to consider a few things...did she smoke when you met her? Well, if she did - you courted - married her as a smoker, she might not take very well to you trying to get her to stop, no matter what the health concerns. She might take it as you trying to find fault with her...trust me, I-ve seen this happen. The other problem is that you open yourself up for some potential discovery if you try to get her to stop in that she might retaliate with all of the things that YOU need to do to be healthier...most men don-t enjoy this sort of conversation or its implications :)

My suggestion would be to have a heart-to-heart talk about it. If it does not go well, talk to your doctor - ask him or her to discuss the issue with her the next time she visits. Smoking can cause so many issues that there is sure to be something that the doctor can point to as a reason that she needs to quit. He or she can also prescribe something to help her.

Good luck! You-ve chosen a hard road but hang in there...

Almost forgot! If she tries to stop, your only answers to ANY rant or question is, -Yes, Dear- - -I love you, dear!- It also helps if you hand over the money from the cigarettes on a weekly basis or use it to buy her something nice...
Get rid of her ciggarettes.
Take all the money ways from her and you do the work...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It is a really tuff thing to quit. I smoke and I have tried to 9 times. New Years I am going to try again. It is really difficult to quit and those who do not smoke think it is easy when they have never been there.

Aside from that. I suggest you get her in to see a doctor or convince her to do so. Her doctor can give her the low down on the health risks of smoking. He could also get her on a program or meds to help with it.

Tell your wife how important her health is to you and that you will do anything to help her kick the habit. Support her in anyway you can. The more support you give and the more you show her you care about what happens to her, the more she may want to quit becuase she loves you and care about you and that her health has become a major issue.
the patch, the phillip morris website has millions of ways and reasons to help you quit smoking! i-m quitting now! :)
One way my friends picked up knitting to stop smoking.
JUST HIDE EVERY CIGGARTTE AND TELL HER --I LOVE U-- AND THAT SMOKING IS GETTING ON YOUR LAST NERVE PLEASE STOP .IF SHE LOVES YOU SHE WILL STOP.
How can I get my wife to quit smoking? -