If I quit smoking today, will I automatically gain weight? Eventually will I get more energy? -

Sunday, March 20, 2011

If I quit smoking today, will I automatically gain weight? Eventually will I get more energy? -


Someone once told me if I quit smoking, at first I-ll gain weight...but then after a while, I-ll get more energy and my metabolism will start working without the nicotine and I-ll get more energy. Is this true??
whatever it is you will be HEALTHY, if you quit smoking.
not just weight gain or metabolism or anything else...

and thanks for quitting...:)
You not only help yourself..but your neighbours too.
no, I quite cold turkey and never gained a pound! You will get more energy if you workout on top of quiting! Trust me you will feel a lot better about your self!
you tend to gain weight because your tastebuds are -awakening- and youre more likely to eat because you can taste food better.

the key is self control: if you can tell yourself not to eat as much- you wont gain!

and eventually, you will get more energy

=] good luck!!
Not everyone gains weight when they quit smoking. Some people do gain weight, but it may be because they-re replacing smoking with food -- snacking when they get a nicotine craving so they-re doing something or as a comfort thing. Nicotine also supresses the appetite, so you may feel hungier when you quit smoking, leading you to eat more. Most people do feel like they have more energy when they stop smoking. You can increase the energetic feeling by doing something active when you get a nicotine craving, so that you-re doing something to refocus your mind.
If I quit smoking today, will I automatically gain weight? Eventually will I get more energy? -