Is it difficult or easy to quit smoking cold turkey? -

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Is it difficult or easy to quit smoking cold turkey? -


VERY HARD TO QUIT ESSPECIALLY COLD TURKEY trust me
NO!! and it-s the greatest thing you-ll ever do. Just resign yourself to being a little uncomfortable for a few days, and you will be past the worst of it before you know it.
Easy...it is all about willpower
you have to really want to quit smoking. you can do it and you will be healthier in the long run.
Cold turkey is the only way to go. It isn-t easy, but it-s easiest to quit using that system. When you try to cut down, you-re just kidding yourself, because within a week you-re right back up to where you were. The secret to quitting coldturkey is to give yourself a time limit. I won-t smoke for one hour. At the end of the hour, give yourself a pat on the back, and say, Okay. I know I can quit for an hour, and just to prove it, I-ll go for another hour.
Meanwhile, make sure you have something to keep your hands busy and your mouth busy. Gum, jelly beans, chewing on a cigarette holder or whatever.
Good luck to you!
It-s very difficult, but seems the only surefire way to quit for good.
It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life.

I quit smoking 1 year and 5 months ago (wow- I can-t believe it-s been that long) after 25 years of smoking. I have to tell you it was certainly the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. I had tried at least a dozen times before, but somehow this time it stuck!

I also had a challenge with 2 other friends about quitting. They both thought it was going to be harder for me- so each time they smoked, it encouraged me more to keep on going.

I never kept any -emergency- smokes around the house and if it got real bad- I-d go by a pack- sit on the floor and CRY! I-d cry and cry until I finally got up and threw them away. I decided I had to be stronger then the cigarettes!

I also used the patch- exactly according to details and didn-t falter from the plan.

Some people use support groups on line. I ddn-t care for that because I found it had me thinking about smoking more then I wanted to.

I think it took about 3 months (post patch) to get past the crying and longing. It took another 6 months before I could finally say- I-ll never smoke again. When you are going through it, it seems like your life is all blurry and fuzzy and that you will never feel right again. But, it does get better!
Is it difficult or easy to quit smoking cold turkey? -