What options are there when it comes to quitting smoking? -

Sunday, November 4, 2012

What options are there when it comes to quitting smoking? -


I would like to help my mom quit. She keeps saying that she will quit soon, but shes been saying that for years. I was thinking about finding out the options and printing them out for her...so...

What options are there, and do you know of any tips to go along with those options?
The first step is actually wanting to quit. She needs to want to or nothing will work.
She could try a rubber band on her wrist, everytime she wants a smoke she snaps it and forgets it. Then her mind will start to associate cigs with pain. thats one way i did

you can also find herbal supliments or even fake cigs. The fake one work by tasting like a cig, but no actual nic or smoke. You eventually don-t need it anymore.

then there-s the gum, it-s hard to keep lit though LOL
and the patch, but it tends to rip the skin off your lips LOL
When it all comes down to it, she has to decide that she really does want to quit. It-s about self determination. I quit cold turkey, meaning that I just decided to stop one day. I smoked 2 packs a day when I quit. It-s been over 4 years since I-ve had a smoke.
I tried nicotene patches and gum before, but they didn-t work because I wasn-t ready or willing to commit to my decision.
go -cold turkey- meaning just drop everything and fight the nicotine addiction

go on the patch or chew the nicotine gum
There is a couple newer methods to help quit, I have known a lady that tried a nasal spray she said it really helped her for the taste and cravings of the cigarette and now the newest is a medication a pill called Chantix, the success rate is really high, these are prescription meds,ask your Dr. but you really have to have your mind set on quitting. I used dum-dum suckers so you have the hand to mouth habit covered,if your worried about gaining weight eat baby carrots.good Luck
What options are there when it comes to quitting smoking? -