I have tried to quit smoking several times and no luck...what else can I do? please help? -

Saturday, June 1, 2013

I have tried to quit smoking several times and no luck...what else can I do? please help? -


I have a serious disease that requires to not smoke, of course i still smoke,,, stupid me.... i have tried several times and no luck, i have tried hard candies, cinnamon, I cant afford quit smoking aids such as niccorette and things like that. please help i am at my wits end. I really need too and want too quit any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have asthma, and yet I smoked for seven years before I learned I was pregnant. I quit cold turkey right then and there. My love for my unborn child was greater than any addiction, and I wanted what I new was best for my child. After he was born I began smoking again due to some unbearable stress. I made sure to smoke outside, change my shirt wash, my hands and face before touching my child. When I became pregnant again I knew I could stop smoking cold turkey. This time it was harder, but I had to fight the urge to smoke, and the longer I went with out one, the better I felt. I was able to convince myself that cigarettes would make me sick, physically, and that was all I needed to over come the addiction.

My advice certainly is not to get pregnant, but if you have a serious disease that requires you not to smoke than you should quit. You love for yourself, and those that love you will be all you need to overcome the addiction. Start small, set goals and make those goals. i.e. one hour, then two, then three, until you can go a full day, then two days, then a week, then two weeks. You-ll be amazed by how quickly you can kick the habit. Once you do, what ever you do don-t go back. That may sound a Hippocratic, but that is what you got to do. GOOD LUCK!
Instead of spending your $ on the smokes, spend it on an aid that will help you stop. Smoking is a serious addiction and you need help to kick the habbit. Perhaps your insurance will cover some type of help?
Good luck.
There is a new medication out called Chantix, ask your Doctor about it. I bet it will work for you.
Just don-t think about smoking, spend your money on something more important. If you can-t get your mind off of it, try to get out and hang out with some of your friends, or just go out and have fun. Eventually, smoking will slip your mind and you will just forget about it. Or if you still are having trouble, then when you go out places to buy groceries or something, only bring money for the things you need to buy and don-t bring any extra money, that way you won-t be able to buy any cigarrettes. good luck breaking your habit :)
My doctor put me on a medication called Wellbutrin XL.I quit smoking the day after I started using the medication.
Admit yourself in a de-aductive hospital.
Take the money you would spend on cigs and get you some smoke away.....trust me....that stuff works.
It is very hard to quit. When I really want to quit I don-t have that much of a problem; but it does help to keep your hands (and mind)busy. Keep a pencil in your hand and chew on it, or chew gum. It amazes me when I-ve quit.... how use to having that cig in your hand all the time.
decide that you want to quit plan it and gather some money plan a tour specially to a new land outside the country try to choose a country where your brand is not available and enjoy your time without smoking hope you will trust yourself then that you can quit
Discover everything you should know about quitting smoking.
At Smoking Cessation.org, you-ll learn how to break down your smoking triggers and overcome your nicotine addiction. You-ll educate yourself about the health risks of smoking and learn how to escape the cycle of quitting and then slipping up and smoking again. You-ll find helpful tips, new smoking cessation methods, and the latest information that will help you quit smoking for good...The key is making the effort to quit and rewarding yourself for taking those difficult steps.


QUIT SMOKING GUIDE - Stop Smoking TODAY!!

Featured Products: Hypnosis Smoking Cessation Program Review
NicoCure - Herbal Stop Smoking Patch


By providing resources and useful information about smoking cessation, our site aims to help people permanently beat their nicotine addiction. We offer valuable resources that will help you quit smoking and finally break free from nicotine addiction so you can start enjoying new challenges again. Don-t waste any more of your time and money! It-s not too late to gain your lungs back and decrease your cancer risk, QUIT smoking NOW. You WILL see results fast if you truely commit to stop smoking and live healthier! If you haven-t started smoking, DON-T! A few daily drags off a cigarette will likely lead to long-term nicotine addiction. If you-ve started smoking and need help please feel free to browse our site and learn how many others have successfully stopped...

Learn: How you can break free from your nicotine addiction.

How to fight the power of nicotine: insider articles.
What are the -true- consequences to your health of smoking? Read the -Ugly Facts About Smoking!-
Understand how to use nicotine replacement products.
Many more secret methods to fight and prevent slip-ups.
Improve your will power.
Deconstruct the psychological addiction that is created by habitually smoking cigarettes through cognitive therapy. Site Search-click here
Set Your Quit Smoking Date - And become a Non-Smoker for Life!

Tip of the Month

If you slip and smoke, don-t be discouraged. Many former smokers tried to stop several times before they finally succeeded.

Special Focus
- Dealing with weight gain after quitting
- Triggering the Habit
- Quit Smoking Article
- Nicotine Linked To Lung Cancer

Question of the Month:
Q: Why do smoker-s feel out of breath - huffing and puffing after a short walk or jog?

A: Click here to view Answer!


A Few Alarming Facts...

Smoking has been identified as the single most preventable cause of death and disease in the United States.
Cigarettes currently cause approximately 20% of all deaths in the U.S.
Approximately 50 million Americans smoke.
Each year, about 3 million people worldwide die from smoking, with about one-third coming from developing countries.
With statistics like these, it is certainly important for you to consider quitting. Are you wondering what keeps you smoking, even though you know that it’s not good for you? The answer is very simple: You’re a nicotine addict.

Featured Site: About.com Smoking Cessation

Submissions: Send Us Your Quit Smoking Tip or Story of How You Overcame Your Nicotine Addiction and be Featured on this Site: Featured Story. New quit smoking story - click here.

Nicotine Withdrawal Occurs in Just 30 Minutes
As anti-smoking drives rose, so did nicotine in cigarettes
Therapeutic Nicotine Fast Facts
Ways2Quit Fact Sheet
Top Quit Smoking Solutions
Smoking Cessation News Feed - click here
New Anti - Smoking Pill Chantix
-Sleeper effect- of cigarettes can last for years
The Healthy Smoker?
No More Light Cigarettes
Hypnosis for Quitting Smoking
Quote of the month:

Mark Twain said: “Quitting smoking is easy. I’ve done it hundreds of times.” Learn more click here

Featured Partner Site: Ways to Quit Smoking
Talk to your doctor about a prescription, there are also patches out there. Try Nicotine gum and/or regular gum. Bite pens and hold a stress ball when you receive an urge to smoke. Exercise and drink lots of water - ,juice. Try seeking therapy for quiting smoking from a Counselor or Psychologist. SOme people even claim Hypnosis to help! Here is a link to help you get on the right track.
http://www.quitnet.com/

only way to quit is quit. i know it sounds mean but its the truth. i quit after smoking 3 packs a day for 45 years and having my right lung removed from cancer.
I tried everything.I even smoked on the patch, which is bad for your heart i hear. Then one time I lost my voice and it hurt to talk more less anything else. I had strep throat for a week and couldn-t handle smoking and at the end of the week when i felt better i held a cigg to my lips and lit it up, inhaled, gaged at the taste, spit it out and promised myself i would never forget just how bad it tasted so i wouldn-t ever want to start again. Ever have to quit and then the first chance you get to smoke you light up and how bad it tastes butt you over come that just out of the want to smoke again? That-s the one you can-t let get by. best of luck
Have you tried cutting back gradually? In the end the best help comes from your on mind. LOL we just have to convince ourselves. I would suggest cutting back gradually.If you smoke a pack a day....cut back to 3/4 of a pack. One good way is to set times and amounts that you are allowed to smoke. If you fail once no big deal. Tomorrow is another day. The following week cut back some more. You decide the amount, even if it is only one cigarette. This will make you feel like you have achieved something, without all the resentment because you are -having- to quit. Hope this helps.
well try and keep your self away from the cigarettes. Use Nicoderm CQ something ask your doctor about how you can quit and they can give you a prescription for Nicoderm and some time sooner or later you-ll be done.
My dad quit cold Turkey...that he stopped him self from cigarettes...you may get bad severe headaches...thats called a nicotene headache..and u get crabby...but your better off...and u won-t stay that way.
But its better to quit...them ruin your body some more.
I tired all that stuff too, the gum, the patch all that stuff..I know you said you cant afford much, but I got the shot for it, its costs about $500, but it cleans it all out of your system so you dont have cravings, the best advice they gave me is to change the habits that you do when you smoke...like if you have one after a coffee or something, is to do something else out of that routine so you dont crave it..then get lots of altoids..!! its sucks but can be done..good luck
go cold turkey! Throw away your supply, and ask some one (your best friend) to be you accountablity partner. When you feel the need to smoke call her and let her talk you out of it. In your wallet put a bold lettered card -I don-t smoke- so that when you almost buy cigarettes you can stop. And think of all the money you can save and spend on other things - put the money aside and reward yourself with something special you haven-t been able to afford before!!!
This is the method - modified of course - that I used to stop cussing- it works!!!

Good Luck!!!
It takes willpower.When in the hospital I had a doctor shake his finger at me and say you better quit smoking or else.That was in 1976 and for an oldman I feel great.I also saved a lot of money
I am afraid you have heard this lots of times but believe me that-s the only way:I am telling you this from my own experience.I used to be a heavy smoker and I had tried to quit several times unsuccesfully until last year when I eventually made up my mind I threw away my last pack of cigarettes and there ends the story and a new one begins .Life free of nikotinne.
several Chinese Medicinal Dosage for getting ride of smoking:

Herba *** radice houttuyniae cordatae (or called it houttuyniae) 250 Gram, Days and Nights to boiled it (twice a day), and treat it as water to drink.

if you can see the following codes , print out and visit Chinese Medicinal Shop to buy the other dosage , as well as the abovesaid simple dosage.

I consider boil it for 15 - 25 Minutes by smaller-firing boil..., and spill into small bowl, wait a while then drink it as soon as possible, when still hot.


i have copied the following Chinese characters, but many words not allowed to post here....

中藥戒煙小處方

1. 中藥戒煙湯:魚腥草30克、地龍、遠志各15克,藿香、薄荷、甘草各10克,人參5克…

2. 中藥戒煙茶:魚腥草250克,水煎當茶飲,每日早晚各煎1劑服用,即可達戒煙目的。

3. 中藥戒煙糖:藿香60克、薄荷、甘草各30克,研粉末狀,調入葡萄糖粉20克、白砂糖…

4. 中藥戒煙酒:魚腥草60克,遠志、甘草各20克、地龍、薄荷、藿香各15克研碎浸于1… 龐珍

(偏方驗方僅供參考)
參考資料:
Borrow some money to buy the patch. It works!
I have tried to quit smoking several times and no luck...what else can I do? please help? -