My Dad has to quit smoking, any tips.? -

Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Dad has to quit smoking, any tips.? -


For medical reasons he has to quite smoking. He has smoked ever since I can remember and I think even before. (I think HS age somewhere and he just turned 50) I have started by getting him candies in little baggies to have everywhere. He tried to patch once but it made him feel like he had arthritus and he said it also made him want to smoke more, and gum hurts his teeth and mouth so the nicoteen gum is out. Has any ever tried the lozenge? What helped you the most?
Perhaps joining a Quit Smoking Clinic might be an option.
I smoked for 15 years. I did the gum. Off of it now and been smoke-free for 5 weeks. First step is WANTING to quit. Otherwise, it-s useless...
My hair dresser quit smoking by using a pill. I dont remember the name but maybe you could look the kinds up. I quit smoking for a month now, but I have only been smoking for 5 years. So I would imagine that it is much harder for your dad. Best of luck to you.
My dad is 52 and he recently had to quit smoking because of emphysema. He used Chantix. It-s a prescription pill that is pretty expensive. It blocks the nicotine from getting into the receptors in the brain, decreasing the urge to smoke. It really helped him a lot. My 25-year-old sister swears by it too. I have not been brave enough to try it though.
congratulate him give him a gift
My Dad has to quit smoking, any tips.? -