When does a persons metabolism goes back to normal, after she quit smoking? -

Saturday, June 1, 2013

When does a persons metabolism goes back to normal, after she quit smoking? -


I quit smoking on Jan.4,2007. But I don-t understand what you mean about going back to -normal-. I quit for 3 years prior to that and went back to it for 6 months. Jan. 4th was 6 months. Then I officially quit for good. This time there are no cravings if that is what you mean. Each person is different. They way I feel may not be how you are feeling. But if you crave then eat sunflower seeds, gum, hard candy, etc. If you worry about weight gain, then eat diet stuff. Good luck and congratulations. It will be worth it in the long run. Quiting after 32 years of smoking was very hard. It was the hardest thing I ever done. The important thing is to set a goal for yourself and it will help you stay quit. Mine was to pay more money on the house payment. Having the house paid off was more important than having a cigarette. I quit by not putting one in my mouth and lighting it. If I put one in my mouth now and light it I would just go back to it even if I don-t crave them. If I did it, anybody can do it.
You are welcome. Congratulations and don-t give up. Each time you want a cigarette think about the reasons why you quit. I know I can-t afford to smoke and pay off the house. I don-t want to lose the house. Have a strong goal for yourself and be determined. Good luck.


Report Abuse



Oh and thanks for the points.


Report Abuse



No! I know that is not what you want to hear, but after you quit smoking you will put on weight. It is very, very hard to lose. Think healthy. Exercise.
I quit smoking 10.5 years ago and my metabolism has never been the same again.

I did gain 40kg-s but over the years I have lost it plus more.

I watched as my clothes got tighter after quitting but decided my weight lose could wait as my quitting smoking was priorty.

PS I smoked over 50, Yikes! a day. 8Mg smokes.
No idea
yup..your metabolism will never go back to normal..whatever that is and people do tend to gain weight after they quit smoking so go get some healthy snacks. Good luck
When does a persons metabolism goes back to normal, after she quit smoking? -