Chantix (Varenicline) quit smoking pill? -

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Chantix (Varenicline) quit smoking pill? -


Is there a site I can go to that will tell me what this pill is? I understand that it is suposed to help someone quit smoking. I know that it is suposed to make someone lose interest smoking. What I would like to know... Is it an antidepressent? How does it work? What does it effect in the brain? So far all I can find is how great it is but it doesn-t explain in detail. I tried to ask the doctor but she was in too much of a hurry to get out of the room. (I will be changing doctors.)
Leosphere is dead on about how the pill works. However, using the patch while taking Chantix isn-t necessary. Chantix blocks nicotine from binding to receptors in the brain, so you won-t feel the effects of the patch anyway. Also, I-d like to add that it only lessens the withdrawl systems, you-ll still suffer a bit for the first week or two.

This page will tell you exactly what it is and how it works.

http://www.chantix.com/content/prescribi…


Good luck to both of you! I quit 2 months ago with Chantix, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
If you want to see how chantix ( varenicline ) works... i saw a website where it shows how it works showing a movie as a example showing chantix works.... Check out ---- http://www.varenicline.ws


Report Abuse



Ive looked into this pill and look forward to taking it next month. basiclly what it does is it blocks the receptors in the brain that give you the pleasure of smoking. it works similar to an anti depressant but its not the same.

your body will already feel like you smoked. it mimics the sensation of nicotene so that you dont go through withdrawl(kind of)- nothing is perfect and in my own opinion.. a light nicotene patch mixed with the chantix.. and were home free... congratulations on making the first step... and i hope to join you in a smoke free life..
Chantix (Varenicline) quit smoking pill? -