How do i quit smoking!?!?!? -

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How do i quit smoking!?!?!? -


I have been smoking cigarettes for about 3 years. I just can-t seem to quit. I hate smelling like smoke all the time. And my chest hurts sometimes. I can-t even go up a flight of stairs without feeling out of breath. I can-t stand it anymore. I-ve tried the gum and the patch, but they didn-t work. I still got headaches, and craved a cigarette SO badly. Sometimes i will quit cold turkey for about 2 days, then get stressed out, and give up and buy a pack. How dd you quit smoking???
I started taking Chantix Labor Day, and have gone about 2 months without a cigarette. It is much more effective than Wellbutrin. I find the anxiety levels none too overwhelming compared to other remedies, especially in that all-too-crucial first week. Not only that, but you even continue to smoke when you start Chantix. After a few days you start to realize the cigs aren-t giving you that relief anymore because Chantix works by binding to and clogging your nicotine receptors. It-s easier to quit when the cigs don-t give you that little high, because in reality they really don-t taste all that good and you-re only in it for the high in the first place.

Talk to your doctor as Chantix is prescription only (I think they call it Champix in Europe, if that-s where you are). It cost me about $125 for a 1 month supply.
theres only one way,,,, throw them away,and get thru the addiction if you can quit for a day you can quit, you just have to get thru the mental and yes there is a physical addiction too. just have to do it the best way my brother in law smoked for years the only thing to help him was to just do it you will need emotional help too good luck
Start some healthy habits before you quit and maybe change a few other habits. If you have a cigarette with some coffee, try drinking something else instead.
Try Nicorette gum. It-s got the flavor of Nicotine and will work as a
substitute for tobacco. I smoked for 4 years (1980-84) and tried to
quit -cold-turkey- style three times. No cigar. I then tried Nicorette
gum and had no desire to light up again after just two months.
Good luck!
Chew that nicorette gum, or cough drops...try chewing of straws, always have something in your mouth. And keep busy to take it off your mind. good luck
i think you have to check with your doctor and get x- ray with your lungs, since you said you have some problem with it. and might ask your doctor to give you some advices for quiting smoking.
just keep quiting cold turkey. if you feel you need to have a cig, then do it. everyone fails at first. but if you keep trying, sooner or later you will succeed. and if you think its hard to quit after 3 years of smoking, try to do it after 40 years.
How do i quit smoking!?!?!? -