How do i quit smoking pot...? -

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

How do i quit smoking pot...? -


I smoke pot. I want to stop because when i smoke i get really paranoid and miss out on good times with freinds and family. Smoking pot gives me kinda a bond with the people i do it with and when i do it with them i fell accepted and a part of the group.But part of me knows that this bond is just fake and has no real deep meaning. Instead of taking the time and creating real deep meaningful freindships its easier to all bond on smoking bud. I really want to quit because i have now realized that it dosent make me cool and if people only accept me cause i smoke then there not good freinds.But even thou i realize this i still get that feeling and have a really hard time overcoming it. The problem is i cant stop bcause deep down i have this feeling that if i dont ppl wont accept me even thou i know they probably still will. How do i quit and get over thinking it makes me look cool and quit taking the easy road to social contact by smoking. I really want to quit. Any suggestions? thnx.
Just take things one day at a time. Get some friends who dont- do pot. And tell your other friends that the herb doesn-t interest you anymore. Period.
I had the hardest time quitting. The headaches kicked my butt for what felt like forever.

But, after maybe a week or two (I was an everyday smoker) I began to feel a huge difference. More enrgy, felt better altogether. The fact that you express a desire to quit is a big first step. One key thing to remember: you are going to have to get a different set of -friends-...the people you smoke with will, at first, always pressure you into doing it. After a while, they-ll begin to respect the fact that you are serious about it, and you may be able to encourage them to slow down and eventually stop. No, it-s not an overnight process. Yes, you will backslide and do it again. I can say that with absolute honesty because it is a pattern, you have a -ritual,- hangin- out and gettin- high with your friends.

You-ll have to find something to occupy your time, take your mind off of it. Read, write, outdoor hobby, something, anything else.

I wanted better life for me. I saw that the people I smoked with (and me) were all doing the same thing over and over...nothing. I wanted to do something with myself and my life.

Someone is going to say that you can be functional and a smoker, but look at what you typed in your question...Are you functioning...are you LIVING... as long as you are getting high?

If people don-t accept you as a non-smoker, are those really people whose acceptance you want anyway? Seriously. You are a whole entire person with so much more to offer than passing a joint/blunt/bong.
Maybe go out and do things that are fun and you would normally do sober like Golf I hear is a good past time
Or tennis, swimming, running, rock climbing, making Goals for yourself and focus on working out, eating right and drinking A lot of water because that will help you detox and taking vitamins too and staying focused on work and keeping your body and mind clean by staying sober.
I-m going through the same thing as you because I know I don-t want to smoke weed because It-s killing me Literally, I don-t want to get cancer. And friends come and go, So just focusing on what your goals and Life should be without weed.

So Good Luck and you should join 43things.com it-s a really good website where you make 43 goals for yourself and then mark them off on your list once you-ve done them, and you can make a goal to quit smoking weed and people will help you out too,
So check it out I highly recommend that website. ?
1. stop buying it
2. get away from all the friends you have that smoke it, at least for a while.
3. you are feeling like that because you really don-t know the real you because you are high too much.
4. a psychiatrist wouldn-t help because you are self medicating and some medications could effect you badly if you do drugs while on them
How do i quit smoking pot...? -