My husband wants to quit smoking (finally) how can I help him to succeed? -

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My husband wants to quit smoking (finally) how can I help him to succeed? -


My husband has been smoking for about 22 years and is finally ready to quit. We are not living next to the people who stress him out the most and I can handle his attitude while he is craving I just want to know what are things I can do to help him? We have tried the patches and the gum and every other over the counter remedy we can find and this isn-t his first time trying to quit.
The biggest thing is you have to WANT to quit. I quit 6 monthes ago using patches and i-m doing well.
I smoked for 34 years and quit 2 years and 4 months ago and i-m doing great, i will never smoke again. Its the hardest thing i have ever done. I put aside the money i would have spent on cigarettes and got myself a little present for every week i didn-t smoke, that was a good incentive for me, then i went to every month and when i had quit for a year i bought myself something i had wanted for the longest time. I feel so much better since i quit, i never realized how bad smoking made me feel. My husband was absolutely stunned that i had quit and had always encouraged me and made me feel proud of myself which really helps. Just don-t argue with your husband when he gets moody he-ll eventually get over that, and encourage him every day. Good luck i really hope he quits.
STAY away form places and people that smoke, try to keep him stress free. Get some suger free gum and candy because hes gonna get the wicked munchie. If this fails go to the docs and get a perscription.
Visit http://www.stopsmoking4good.org or e-mail ContactOwner@stopsmoking4good.org this products great!
whenever he gets a craving and starts gettin crabby, **** him off, bj, or give up the booty.
That is great.
Has your husband tried a natural way to stop, such as hypnotherapy, acupuncture, herbs etc?.
If you scroll down to -What helps- on this website,
http://www.essortment.com/all/smokingnic…


It will give other things that can help to make the transition maybe more bearable.
Make sure husband is getting good nutrition and beneficial vitamins that help to reduce stress.

I think you just being supportive of his decision is helpful and you could do extra things to help, but it really is down to your husbands willingness and desire to quit that will be the motivator to succeed.

So if your husband had a craving moment. You can remind him of the long term benefit, maybe make up a healthy juice or herbal tea to take his mind off it, offer to get out and go for a walk together to get some fresh air. Give him a massage around his neck and shoulders.

Alter the usual routine. If he usually gets up and has coffee and a cigarette, try and find a way to change that routine.
Make fresh juice and go for a walk. If husband is stressed, find a way to reduce the stress level within the home, get some aromatic candles, play some cool music. Try not to discuss any problems in great detail, like finances, kids or work. If you are chilled about things, then that can help your husband.

I wish you both well. Good luck
My husband wants to quit smoking (finally) how can I help him to succeed? -