Whats the best the way to quit smoking? -

Friday, November 11, 2005

Whats the best the way to quit smoking? -


I here cold turkey is the best way. I tried the patch but it left a welt like if it had burned me, the gum, nocotine and regular, I tried to cut back -Four a day, till they go away- and other forms of self hypnonsis. Maybe someone out there smoked a pack a day and left that bad habit behind. Please help.
abolutely COLD TURKEY!!!! There are no tricks, no pills, no patches, no devices, that really work. they are only more crutches to confuse your focus on breaking a killer habit. start with agood hangover or when you are sick, that is when you least want a cigarette. Every time you THINK you want a smoke, pause for amoment and reflect why you want to stop. Think about all the ill effects ie: coughing , bad breath, influence on your children, premature wrinkled skin, baggy eyes, burned seat covers , respiratory complications when you age, stinky house, stinky car, loss of stamina when you age, etc, etc. learn to examine your feelings about all of these bad issues and you will wait for another 30 minutes before you are hit with another wanting. Next session will be maybe 45 minutes, and so on. Here is the kicker:::: If you think this silly, you lack complete self respect for who your are and your health , and respect for those who don-t smoke, and you will never quit because you are waiting for a -magic bullet - that does not exist. I went through pills patches, hypnosis(what awaste of good money) until I was disgusted with myself. Just #@$-$*(^% STOP! and tough it out.I may sound harsh but here is a good ending. I took 5 dollars a day (the cost of smoking) and did a little self education of investing of that money. That was nine years ago, Yeah do the math, I now have a great little nest egg that pays monthly and quarterly dividends. A good MENTAL self examination is the only way. You will also discover other good strengths about yourself you never knew existed. Good luck , good health

dp_lln
Just stop. NOW! I did it 4 days ago. It is killing me but I will survive. Make sure you get rid of reminders. Clean out ashtrays..throw them out..get rid of lighters...put air fresheners in your car...BUT LOTS OF CHEWING GUM.
When i first met my husband he was a heavy smoker-smoked 4 over ten years- he asked me if i liked it ,i said totally not.. then he asked me to set him a date to quit,- i did..i said da first day of da next month.. - it happened to be only FOUR days away.. so da four days passed - now it-s five years later - he never smoked again since then.. so it-s all about DETERMINATION!!
COLD TURKEY!

Try subbing Lollipops for Cigs. as well...

I dunno worked for my friend!
COLD TURKEY!!!!!!

Trust me, I did it 4 months ago and it worked. I have tried everything before, the patch,etc. They only prolong things. Quit cold turkey. You have to. Pick a day and do it. Get alot of gum, and keep busy. It was hell and you will want to kick the living crap out of people, but you can do it. I smoked about a pack and a half a day......so keep that in mind. Get mad at the cigs, think about how they control you. Take control over yourself. Think of how much better you are going to smell, believe me you will too. I cannot believe how much I notice how bad smokers smell now. You will feel so much better. You just have to WANT to do it. Set a date like I said, and really get mad at these stupid cigarettes, and do it. The nicotine only stays in your system for 2 days, but the craving is what eats at you. So like I mentioned....keep gum handy. Do not get a fake cigarette, that is not going to break the habit of the hand motions. Best of luck to you, I know you can do it. If I can....you can.
I had success with the prescription Zyban. Its an oral medication. It slowly made me not crave them and I-d smoke less and less and it seemed like one morning I woke up and tried a smoke and it tasted awful. That was it for me. You have to take it for awhile even after you-ve quit smoking.
i really don-t know how to quit smoking cause i never took the habit upbut go threw the steps.
I think there are no ways until you make the decision !
the best way to quit smoking is to keep occupied.When you crave that cig grab some hard candy or gum , which acts as a pacifier.If that doesn-t work go to a detox center for nicotine and get it out of you-re system .Drink green drinks with chlorophyll and go on a supervised fast. That will do it. But you have to get past you-re brain that resists. Just take charge and be determined. Think about all the people who will be sad and cry if you die, including you-re wife , husband , kids, inlaws, etc.
just stop buying them.. and dont pick up another cig
Whats the best the way to quit smoking? -