Which way is the best way to quit smoking Marijuana without rehab? -

Friday, January 19, 2007

Which way is the best way to quit smoking Marijuana without rehab? -


I desperately need help. I dont want to do it no more, and I cant seem to stop this stuff.. Im asking this because I dont want to move onto another drug.
get some new friends?get rid of everything you have to do with it i quit 13 years ago
You just have to put it down. I quit for a while. All I did was stop buying and I asked all my friends not to smoke around me. It was actually very easy. Marijuana is not addictive. You may think it is but it-s all mental. You should also find a support, a friend that will encourage you. One of my friends was constantly telling me how proud she was when I quit.

But I don-t see why you think you might move on to another drug. I know pot is considered a gateway drug but all you have to do is say no. I smoke pot every day but I don-t do any thing else. Why should I? People don-t realize how mental drugs are. You have to gain control with your mind before you can gain control with your body. Just use your head and you will be fine.
Try acupuncture. I tried it for cigarette smoking. The acupuncturist used special tiny needle -tacks- that were attached to very small flesh colored bandage squares. She put 3 on various spots of each ear. I kept them in for a week and went from 10 smokes a day to 3. I had no real cravings for cigarettes during that week. Just smoked the little bit I did because I wasn-t ready to give up my cigarette and coffee in the morning! I was supposed to go back to the acupuncturist once a week for about a month, but I didn-t want to quit badly enough and stopped my treatment. It-s certainly worth a try for marijuana though. It doesn-t hurt and the needles in the ears are very discreet.
It is very hard to do but with your goal in mind and knowing it has been done helps. I have quit numerous times, one being now clean for 10 days. Not having the money is usually the big factor. Passing drug tests to get a job or keep one is another. The physical addiction will pass in 3 to 5 days. It will be very hard. Keeping busy helps. trying not to think about it, or when you do you can drink or eat or exercise. you can always shed pounds later. Keep yourself away from freinds or family who do it during these days. when those days are past it is all mental. You have to know in your heart that you really want to quit otherwise this is all useless info. Do not do it because your spouse tells you to or because it is illegal or some other reason, you have to want to quit for yourself. after you spend so much time being high, sober kinda feels real good. You get out of the hase in 3 to 5 days. I wish you the best of luck, I will check back to see if you update if you have anymore trouble.
My advice to you is to stop hanging with the people that do smoke and start going to church and meet new people thar are drug free. I know that pot is everywhere and people that go to church might even smoke it, but if you really want to quit then you just have to make that decision and stay away from it all together. I for one just quit smoking cigerettes 2 weeks ago... It was hard and still is a little bit, but each and everyday gets better just like it will for you... Good luck and God bless.
keep yourself very busy, tire yourself out during the day. but keep busy!!!!!
Marijuana has no addictive qualities outside of the social pressure. Do the same thing alcoholics do. Don-t hang out in places where you smoked, and try to avoid people/situations in which you did. Fill your life with positive things, whatever makes you happy.

On a side note, if marijuana is used responsible, it will not lead you on to other drugs. But since you do feel yourself slipping down that road I applaud your desire to stop it before it starts.
First of all,good on you for wanting to quit, secondly research the mental health effects of grass, visit a mental health ward and speak to some of the patients who suffer from cannabis psychosis, schizophrenia, paranoia and delusions, then ask yourself is this where I want to end up,
Good Luck
I hate to tell you but, if you are having that difficult of a time, you aren-t smoking just weed... You are sprinkling crack or something on it. This is funny reading questions from idiots like you. I CAN-T STOP!!!! Give me a fuc-%$# break! It-s not hard, just stop.
Which way is the best way to quit smoking Marijuana without rehab? -