I quit smoking a month ago. And I know it takes time for your lungs to repair. I had a cold weeks ago? -

Saturday, April 21, 2007

I quit smoking a month ago. And I know it takes time for your lungs to repair. I had a cold weeks ago? -


and now starting to feel like I am sick again.

I am having a hard time breathing.

I don-t know what to do?

I have taken cold medicines and nasal stuff. Drinking plenty of water.

Any advice?
Is it a cold or where I quit smoking?
If you are having a hard time breathing, you need to go to the ER, right now. Seriously.

This is not a natural result from quitting smoking, you may be having an asthma attack, allergies or be in anaphylactic shock (the last of which can kill you).

Go. Go now.
After I quit smoking in last April, I have experienced the symptoms that you have now. Shortness of breath, tight chest, dry mouth, stuffy nose, ill. etc. It-s the detoxing and healing process which may last longer than you thought or like. One of my friend also told me that cold like symptom was with him for a year after he quit smoking.

Congrats to your quit and don-t give up! It gets easier.
Could be your lungs are trying to clean themselves out. A lot of times, after quitting smoker, a person may experience more coughing than usual. This is your lung-s way of getting all that gunk out of them. If you are still concerned and not feeling well, go to the doc and let them check you out to be on the safe side.
Probably bronchitis...See a pulmonologist for proper treatment.
yes -follow up with your pulmonologist.
I quit smoking a month ago. And I know it takes time for your lungs to repair. I had a cold weeks ago? -