Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


i need a supplement to help me quit. ive tried going cold turkey and i always go right back to smoking. ive also tried going down to lights and ultra lights but i seem to smoke more. what should i do?
I tried the lozenge, patch, and gum. All three times failure. The true key to quitting smoking is the will to not smoke. Get someone to agree to be your lifeline, and when you have an urge, call that person and chat. Drink lots of water, and introduce some sort of cardiovascular activity into your daily routine. It is easier to say than do, but the truth is, you have to fully commit to never smoking a single cigarette ever again.

Good luck. It is hard, but people have done it.
Simply, stop buying cigarettes...and don-t bum any from friends. Good luck!!
Try using the clock. Yes, the clock. If you smoke 6 in an hour, then try to make it 5 the next hour. Bring yourself down gradually. when you get to the point that you are craving a cigarette, put off having one for 10 minutes. Then the next time put it off for 15 minutes etc. I have changed my smoking habits this way.
This is what worked for me.


http://www.squidoo.com/How_to_be_a_non-s…

to lock yourself in a house without any worked for me.
who cares. just smoke.
ur gonan die anyways
i hope this direct you in a different direction on actually
succeeding in this endeavor it worked for me.first,lower the stress
involved ,one hour at a time.befor you know it its lunch time.you-ve went four hours without one,if you can make it to lunch, you can make it to dinner-you,d be a fool to start smokin
again now. befor you know it -bed time- you did it ---you dont
need this stupid habit everyone shares.youll begin to see the
foolish youv been part of.
This is how I quit after a couple failed cold turkey attempts: I would cut back two cigarettes per day every week. Like the first week I got a pack a day, then the following week 18 a day, then the following week 16 a day, and so on until I was down to just two a day. Then I gave myself a week of one a day and that was it! It was nice to draw it out and not have to stop so suddenly. It got me used to being a non-smoker before I actually had to totally give it up. Good luck!!!!
try eating carmals everytime you get a craving
you should try cewing straws because my friend did that and he smoking in a bout a 3 weaks but he did it every day like 6 straws a day and he got flavord ones
Hi, my name is Gareth; I-ve been a smoker for many years and finally quit Jan 1st this year. I just like to share how I managed to get off smoking.

As soon as I stopped, I went on this champix drug that apparently is meant to be a nicotine receptor, but as soon as I started work, I craved the habit of smoking. In actually fact, I love smoking but I knew I had to quit. The 3rd week was the hardest for me.

It was at this point I was looking online for support and ideas on how others may have quit. I came across a new product called the electronic cigarette. It’s a new non burning device with no tobacco or any other harmful chemicals. It does contain nicotine and it emits -smoke- in the form of vapour. I don’t think they are readily available in Australia yet, but in Europe it looks like it’s a big hit. I bought mine online and I must say, it actually feels and looks like a cigarette, but it isn’t. I think this helped me stay off as I find the hardest part is not just quitting the nicotine, but also quitting the habit.

I hope this helps as it sure has helped me.

one of the many clips available on you tube..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ9CjC-rBAw
Have you tried hypnosis?
Just STOP! dont start a new bad habbit and waist more money..Just friggin stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
Nicoderm! those gum things that you choose to replace smoking.
I may not know much, but it-s all mental. Believe in yourself to stop the craving and you-ll slowly be able to do it. It may seem hard, but anything is possible if you commit yourself to stop and start something anew.

Everytime there-s that urge, go do something that-ll get it off your mind.. For example, watching your favorite TV show or getting a cool drink of water would help.
good luck, i am trying to quit too. i have quit before, but started again when a friend died. i think working out why we smoke is the key. is it a way to deal with stress, time out, social, or just the physical nicottein addiction.
figure out why, deal with the probs (if any) n subsitute the habit with something better.
i have tried n tried n get really angry n moody when i crave them especially when i am stressed, so mine is a stress/physical addiction.
there are tablets (that taste really horible) n patches you can get from the chemist (never tried them-yet)

GOOD LUCK.
Perhaps the nicorette activestop program might help.
sleep alot
go to teenchallenge.com
nicoret gum because it helps with the oral fixation and the nicatine addiction. good for you for quiting its hard but it can save your life and others
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -