What Is The Most Effective Way To Quit Smoking? -

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What Is The Most Effective Way To Quit Smoking? -


best answer gets 10 points...I really need some serious advice...I appreciate it, Thanks so much in advance : )
Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. As soon as I dealt with my psychological reasons for smoking I quit, first time and more importantly for good.

Once you deal with the psychological side of smoking it makes the quitting process easy, no matter your level of addiction.

Quitting smoking does not require any patches, gums, herbs or anything like that. These methods are expensive, time consuming and simply do not work. All that is required is a bit of motivation, self belief and determination.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book -36 Powerful Superfoods- to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking.

Good Luck and Good Quitting
Honestly you have to truly in your heart want to quit! It took me three, no four times to quit. First off you have to change your habits, when you tend to smoke more ( mine was talking on the phone, driving, drinking tea and coffee etc) I used the patch my first and last time quitting and I-ve finally quit for 31/2 yrs now. I found that pills didn-t work for me at all, bad side effects:( and that I could control the side effects of the patch by cutting it in half. When you do decide to quit and have a plan you might have to stay away from smokers for a while, too much temptation!
Oh ps: I always had an orange flavoured candy around(something about orange really helped me) they seemed to last until the urge was over!
Good Luck!
Go to your doctor, there are new prescription medications that can help. Basically how they work is they keep your brain stimulated in the same way nicotine does. So when you have a cigarette, there-s absolutely no pay off. Coupled with your desire to quit, it-ll have you off cigarettes without turning into a raging beast having nic-fits :)
i hope this works better for you.i am a lost cause. started smoking heavily at age 9. i quit for a month when i was 19, and haven-t been able to ever since i started again.cut down to a bare minimum and cut out 1 every coule of day. buy a brand you don-t like for me it was american menthols. you will find it easier if you quit drinking for a month 2, the temptation is greater when you drink. rewad yourself with the money you save. i heard that nibbling on carrots, or apples helps relieve the uurge, i smoke less when i eat these.try and get a friend to quit at the same time, you will have someone to talk to that can relate. goo luck.
Start by cutting back a little at a time. Then a week later cut back some more. This works better than cold turkey. Those who quit cold turkey are more likely to start up again because they miss it so much. They took themselves off so fast, that they drive themselves crazy. Wanting and wanting. So crazy they start up again. By cutting back, you ween off at your own pace.
There is no easiest way.. well get pregnant, I didn-t smoke when I was pregnant and quite honestly... I didn-t crave it b/c I was so sick...haha. (not really funny, but you know... ) NOW i did start back up but have been successful for about 2 months now. Give or take...
You know, it helps to have someone to talk to and is supportive...
Yes it does. Even if you don-t have somone to talk to... I mean, I-m sure they have a freakin crisis line or something... b/c it is that seriuous! lol....
But I am a *****... and I have gained 15 pounds...haha. You don-t have to gain weight...but you know, its much easier too when you don-t have the cig. I should try gum or something rather than chocolate ;)
In time it will get better I am sure. The hardest times are the times when you feel like crap and you are salivating for one of those things... you-ve just got to focus...Or have a cry...lol.
Going to have to learn to cope with things without the help of the nicotine... Not impossible but not a piece of cake so don-t expect there to be an easy magic way... or you-ll let urself down and say **** it, i-ma have a smoke... =). I think about really... how bad it is for you. Theres freakin formaldahyde in cigs... to read a cig haters page might get you to stop for a little bit... but then the cravings are still there. But you can do it.. I promise. Talk to ur doc...I mean there are patches and pills but I-ve never tried them. You are younger than me!!! *lol....
Really you have to find deep inside why you want to quit. I mean why is it?? Just b/c ppl tell you it-s bad... b/c that-s not enough to push you through.
Sorry I don-t have a solid answer...lol... but you can drop me a line anytime if you want. Take care..

You have to have the will-power and motivation.
Fight temptation and just say NO... Quitting something isn-t easy especially since it-s an addiction but having the strength in your heart should help you accomplish ANYTHING in this world. Good luck to you! You can do it!
not to be offensive but you should do some research and really look at the consequences. think about what is going to happen in the future if you dont quit. i know its hard but you just try!
stop thinking about it...or if it is very very strong...reduce gradually...then instead of smoking cigarettes smoke narguila...
Stop buying cigarettes and stop smoking..

I think I-ve tried everything known to man and I still smoke, I enjoy it too much.
just research it and see pictures
get a patch
ask your doctor to help you
What Is The Most Effective Way To Quit Smoking? -