How did you quit smoking? -

Friday, December 28, 2007

How did you quit smoking? -


I have decided to quit smoking! I am 28 years old and have smoked since about 17 years old. I notice I am winded and it is starting to affect me. I am overweight 232lbs 5-8-- and plan on doing the p90x workout, I mention that because I know exercise is essential. My questions are for people that have quit smoking, how did you do it?? Especially people that drink beer! Tell me!
I-m on day 9 right now. I have quit a couple times before and alcohol broke my quit everytime. So I have given up alcohol and I no longer hang out with my alcohol and smoking friends in the evening. I started working out too. I joined 24 hour fitness and started walking and jogging in the morning. You will have to figure out your triggers----alcohol is mine. Good Luck to you!
i smoked for 20 years and when i decided i wanted to have kids i quit cold turkey. i still drink a beer from time to time, but it does not taste good without a smoke- sorry, but its true.
the best way to quit is to decide that you are done. my hubby took forever to quit, he tried everything, but when i got pregnant i told him i would not allow him near me or the baby if he was smoking and that did it.
it takes less than a week to get the nicotine out of your system, but the habit is very hard to break. you need to change your lifestyle. getting in shape is a good step, you can eliminate the things you smoked while doing- sitting around, drinking etc.
it really doesn-t take long if you focus on why you are doing it, think about how you are going to save the rest of your life, and the occasional nic fit will be inconsequential.
I still drink wine without smoking anything. I have been smoke free for over a decade -one of the best things I-ve ever did for saving my health.

I was a very light smoker for starters.While my friends were smoking a pack a day, I smoked like 2-3 smokes, and then I hated the way I smelled after wards. Its a disgusting habit and it doesn-t make someone look cool at all, it makes that person look like a Bum. Turns your teeth and fingers yellow. It makes you cough up mucus. It can cause birth defects in pregnant females, and erectile dysfunction in males.not to mention how much it costs, its a very nasty habit.

Try enjoying your nice meal around a dirty ashtray, that should be enough to stop the urges- just keep thinking about that nasty ashtray..


Some helpers: Get strong cough drops like Halls and take one every time you want to smoke.
the good news is that i now have been quit for over 5 years.. i quit trying to quit alone, and joined a support group.. i attend nicotine anonymous meetings both locally and on line.. on line voice meetings are he as close as your computer, and you can attend while still smoking, before actually attempting a quit.. however you decide to quit good luck, there is simply no wrong way to quit!!

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
I had a really bad cold and I quit for about a week and a half. I tried to smoke a cigarette and it made me really nauseous that was the last cigarette I will ever smoke.
i started at age 12 because i took one of my brothers packs it was to expensive so i quit
i didn-t eat much i am 5-10 and weighted about 109 then
go to help about quting
i quit by never starting. :)

hope i helped. ;)
i would def. use the patch its amazing i promise
How did you quit smoking? -