I have gained 60 pounds since I returned from working for a year in Iraq. I also quit smoking, is this normal? -

Monday, December 24, 2007

I have gained 60 pounds since I returned from working for a year in Iraq. I also quit smoking, is this normal? -


I have wondered if my weight gain is due to a medical condition.
Most people gain weight when they quit smoking because every time they get an urge for a smoke they take a bite of food instead. Normal.
smoking increases your metabolism so you need to exercise to build muscle so your metabolism will get higher... that-s my theory anyway
Have you went back to work yet? That might have alot to do with it not being as active. Is the climate hot where your at like overseas-you might not sweat as much at home either. I have the same problem-but mine is lack of having a job in a while. Good luck.
Sure, you are probably doing less physical activity then you were in iraq. And you are probably eating differently, even just a little bit. And quiting smoking, CAN make you gain weight! You might have just gained a little more then you thought you were going to!
Well, if you think it could be a medical condition you should see a doctor. However, my guess is that you simply got used to those huge Army meals and kept eating that much even after you stopped being so active. If that is the case, you need to start exercising and/or reduce the amount you eat. Good luck!
Yes, as some weight gain can be expected as you quit smoking.
congratulations on stopping smoking i quit 4 years ago and was warned by doctors my appetite would increase and it did. this is cos smoking sepresses the appetite just try to eat somewhat healthy it should pass over a couple of months
A lot of people put on weight when they quit smoking. Also, I know when I returned from Iraq that my -normal- job is more sedentary than my job was there, in a much different environment. If you are doing less and eating the same, you will put on weight.
I have gained 60 pounds since I returned from working for a year in Iraq. I also quit smoking, is this normal? -