What was it like for you to finally quit smoking cigarettes? -

Saturday, December 1, 2007

What was it like for you to finally quit smoking cigarettes? -


How did you feel?

What kinds of physical changes did you experience?
I-m 45 years old and I smoked since I was 12. Today, I have never lighted a cigarette for 2 months. Physical changes? Well, my wife told me that my skin looks better; I put on weight(I was skinny and looked like I-m malnourish), I sweat more and smell better, my wife likes and respects me more. She told me that I taste better. lol

Pscyhologically, I feel great and my self-confidence is high. I love all the praises heaped on me for being such a strong person.

Health-related repercussion? I know what you mean and I-ll cut to the chase. If you quit smoking, exercise to control your voracious appetite. That-s the only problem I had with quitting smoking - I eat a lot. But, frankly, ignore people who tell you that there are repercussions to quitting smoking. Please... avoid them weak people.

BTW, I-m saving $200 a month on cigarettes. I heard that cigarette prices will go up next week. My advice: quit cold turkey - no patches whatsover! Just you against the addiction. Dare yourself - see who wins!
Well let me first tell you about my story. My name is Kyle and i had been a smoker for almost eight years. I have been trying to quit for the last three years and i have failed after numerous attempts. I recently saw a girl at a bar smoking a smokeless cigarette. She told me she hadn-t smoked a cigarette in over a month. I def tried them and really liked them. I started of at the full nicotine and then bumped down to the light nicotine then to the ultra light and then completely stopped in 22 days. They worked really well and it feels great to stop smoking. My skin really looks a lot fresher than it did. feels great!!!!
smoked for almost 40 yrs.had bad temper,14 months until i didnt want or even think of them any more.my skin is great 4 a older guy,so to me that is a bunch of crap.had bypass in 88 still could not quit.then two stents 2004 put in me .when one foot got in grave i quit.hardest thing i have had to do in life ..DONT SMOKE
I felt absolutely horrible. I have noted down some stuff on my blog regarding my first 3 days since quitting LoL
A whole LOT of new energy. A bit of regret I didn-t (really) quit sooner. The Chesterfield adverts hooked me, but gracious I am proud to say I quit even before JFK-s money-back program in 1961.
i dont know because i never smoke. i dont want to become stupid from it or look really ugly in a young age and to smell like crap.
I found it a lot easier to quit with an electronic cigarette or -e-cigarette-. It-s amazing really. http://turl.us/b19f0c
What was it like for you to finally quit smoking cigarettes? -