Does smoking weed make you stupider? When is an appropriate age to quit smoking? -

Friday, December 14, 2007

Does smoking weed make you stupider? When is an appropriate age to quit smoking? -


Marijuana isn-t the worst of drugs but i worry if ill ever be able to quit, and if it is affecting my day to day life. If i currently do it one a week, is this terrible, 16 years old.
I smoked for 20yrs. Everyday. I ran a callcentre for a major company and smoked to relax after work. I smoked on weekends to get me busy to clean the house. I smoked Sunday arvo so I could enjoy the football. I play trivia nights 3 times a week, and usually win. My friends call me TP, for Trival Pursuit. I-m 35 now and last year I decided to quit. I did. 1 yr now pot free. Was it hard...for me no. I treated it recreationally and substitued it for the Gym. My memory is fine. I was lucky.
I have known alot of my past smoking buddies who have either commited suicide through depression, or are in - out of homes due to schizophrenia and other mental illnesses, that have been bought on by smoking pot. You need to know it is a lucky dip. You could be lucky like I have been....so far, or smart and not play russian roulette with your life. You just don-t know what it will do to you smoking all those chemicals that is in the hydro now days.
Please think hard about this life altering decision.
Smoking weed makes you a total idiot,
that-s why street gangs exist.Never
smoke weed at all.The worse thing
to do is smoke and drink alcohol.
That leads to violence,drug
(weed) selling and other retarded acts.
Stay away from them all if you
want to live and go to Heaven.
At 20 all sorts of smoking should b stopped.
and start yoga then
http://ad-wise.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_a…

Marijuana won-t make you stupid overnight, but it has been linked to weaker brain function, such as issues with memory and speed of thought. Here-s the Journal of the American Medical Association-s article:
http://jama.highwire.org/cgi/content/abs…

If it-s interfering with your everyday life, then it is time to quit. There-s no age cut-off, really, it-s a matter of knowing when it-s something you do occasionally and when it-s something you can-t function without.
You can always tell who-s on dope - after a while their reactions slow down, their speech slurs and they have a vacant look in their eyes.
16 is a good age to stop!
Umm, its not that it makes you MORE STUPID it does however effect your memory and concentration and attention span....i know trust me lol
I think there is no appropriate age to quit smoking. I think at any age smoking should stop. I think there is an age where it is not good at all to smoke, the age where you grow.

When you become an adult your body doesnt grow that much , it will try to settle with what it has. It is like going up the hill and after that is down the hill.

So when you go up the hill , you could look at smoking as a gravity pulling you (not growing well) , not making it up there, but when you are on the top smoking again acts like gravitiy and pulls you all the way down,( don-t function very well) which is death really.

However, it all depends on your genes, this is not to promote smoking, but just what i have seen, some people smoke while they are in their 80-s and they decide to quit then. So i think life wise its all in Gods hand when you leave or stay.

Saying so, smoking weed is a differnt issue, at least that makes you high unlike cigarettes, there is a point to do that.

Although studies say, it kills your brain cells and blocks the tissues from grasping any oxygen causing hillusination (i dont know how to spell it ) or causing things like cancer and all. I think there should be a limit to it.

I dont see it as a drug , if weed is a drug then cigarettes should be considered a drug as well. If you think about it, alot of medicines in the pharmacy , the one prescribed are drugs! therefore, i think drugs is good for you in a way if you have the right intention , like for your well being, not just to abuse it.

With weed, you do get more creative, you do experiment the -out of ordinary- situation , which will lead you to brighter ideas, because on a stable mind you would have not thought that, now i am basing all this on important people who effected our lives , such as shakespeare, Im not sure if einstein was part of it, but it did help alot of people see things that were not there. It opens the dream world so that you could see what you dream. But ofcourse it is how you use your weed really. I think as long as you have control or limit yourself you should be fine.

I know alot of people who disagree with me and say that i am only promoting, i dont smoke or anything, but i wouldnt mind trying it once, but since i know i am weak at controlling myself i dont do it, because i might ruin whatever roof is on top of my head.
But if you ask me that is how i see it. Look on important painters of our time or scientists , and see if they did use any.

If you think about it , if it was that bad they would not allow it in holland, but as u can see that country is free to do so.
I dont think it makes me stipider but it did make me important I caint perform anymore in bed with wife. But as far as I can tell its all in good fun . Well heres to you and your new habit I hope you have as much foortunes as I have had. YOur Fiend possom
Apparently.
Smoking weed as well as taking other drugs does make you stupider. You are young enough and you don-t smoke it enough you can quit easy. Quit now before you smoke it every day.
I started smoking weed when i was 16 and i quit when i was 18, i just turned 19 and its not hard to quit, well it wasnt for me. Sometimes i think that it made me not able to concentrate as well but it could just be me. if you look Marijuana up in an encyclopedia it says its a natural herb and it wont harm you. doing it once a week isnt terrible now if you did it every night that might be bad.
Does smoking weed make you stupider? When is an appropriate age to quit smoking? -