I need to quit smoking please help? -

Saturday, June 5, 2010

I need to quit smoking please help? -


I have cut back from a pack a day to 2-5 a day 3 months ago. I just can-t seem to go all the way and give them up. I am considering going to a hypnotist (my aunt did this 15yrs. ago and has not had the urge to smoke again). Has anyone else done this method before and if so what were your results?
I have not tried hypnosis. I began smoking at the age of 15 and finally quit for good at the age of 57 (a year ago), when I was at a pack a day. Even tho- all the experts say you have to go cold turkey, I think that just increases the craving. This is how I did it. Everytime I wanted a cigarette, I only smoked half of it. So, I immediately cut my intake in half. After a few weeks of doing that (gives your body time to adjust to less nicotine), I would only take about 4 puffs, put it out and save it for the next craving. After a few weeks of that, I went to 2 puffs, then one puff (where one cigarette could last me a day or two). My body gradually got used to doing without the nicotine and I got to a point where I said, -when this pack is done, I-m not buying anymore-. That was a year ago. Recently, I stayed with my son, who smokes, and took a drag off his cigarette. I didn-t like the taste and it hurt my throat. If I can do it, you can do it, because I loved smoking!!!
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
I have heard about this hypnosis thing as well my friends mom did it too and hasn-t smoked since. Well if it does work let me know because I-m still trying to get my sister to quit smoking.
I need to quit smoking please help? -