Best ways to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Best ways to quit smoking? -


What work best for you?

I have been changing my life around. I have stopped using drugs and drinking, got my GED and a job.

Now I want to quit smoking. I know cold turkey doesn-t work for me. I have manage to cut back to 1 pack a day.

Any advice?
First, good for you for taking the initiative to get yourself straightened out.

For quitting smoking, you can cut back gradually (when I quit, I stopped smoking in the morning and only smoked after lunch hour), and when you have a craving you can have a piece of gum (buy a large tub of gum and keep it with you at all times or on your desk), or drink a tall glass of water. I found that these distractions helped a lot.

Also keep yourself busy! I find that when I am bored (at work), I smoked a lot more because I had nothing better to do with my time!

If you find yourself running low on smokes, don-t buy a pack straight away - only buy a pack when you absolutely need a smoke and it-s your designated -smoking time-... most importantly.... stay away from other smokers!

Hope this helps.
Best,
KC
My son quit smoking last month, slowly he quit and his girlfriend encouraged him. He tried several times before with no luck. He is 21. He has also cut back on drinking beer and is looking for a church to attend with his girlfriend.

Glad you are making this effort to be more healthy. Smoking is expensive and unhealthy...don-t hang with people who smoke that would help a little. Drink lots of water and get a hobby to do with your hands. Keep busy and treat yourself to something nice. Ask God to help you and it will make a big difference.

Take some B-12 each day...it helps with everything.
Use a product like Cigarrest that can help you quit smoking.


http://www.havetoquitsmoking.com/quit-sm…


No matter what you use though, you have to be mentally prepared for it. Tell everyone you know so you can-t track back, avoid -red flag- situations and so on.
First hang out with friends that don-t smoke. That way you can-t bum cigarettes when you run out or left your lighter in your other pants. Second ride a scooter or motorcycle for transportation. Finally figure out how much money you can save by not smoking!
Cold Turkey.
Best ways to quit smoking? -