What is a good way to quit smoking? -

Monday, April 23, 2012

What is a good way to quit smoking? -


ive been smoking cigarettes for 3 years now. i smoke about a pack a day or more. ive tried quitting before but went absolutely nuts. i was depressed and tired. but mostly ornery.
im only 17 so i figure now would be a good time to quit.
im just not sure what way is best.
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
I quit smoking 2 years ago by will power and nothing else i didnt use any patches or gum i said to myself one morning im gonna give up i admit it isnt easy i smoked for 10 yrs and i havent touched a cigarette in 2 yrs
Chew nicorette gum and start drinking, the most surefire way to stop a habit is to replace it with another one..then hopefully you can lay off the alcohol easier than you could stop the cigs
Don-t START
go to your doctor and ask him about a new pill they have come out with called.. chantix.
IT WORKS.. it allows you to smoke for about 7 days until you get the medicine in your system.
this allows you to cut down on your own.
after that 7th day.. you will not smoke again.. if you try you will get sick. you will throw up after one good inhale..
Try the nicotine patch. If you have health insurance your coverage may pay for them. My father smoked for 40 years and tried several times to quit without success until he tried the patch. One of the biggest obstacles in quitting is being ready. It sounds like you are. Do it! You-ll be so happy!
My dad smoked 4 packs a day for probably 25 years and one day decided he didn-t want to smoke any more so he quit just like that.



It-s all in your head girly.




And it-s social. I know because I just quit. Have a friend quit with you. Or when someone lights on up, put a piece of gum in your mouth to occupy you.
There-s no best way . Use your will power and determination . Ask yourself who-s stronger , you or a stinking weed . There are many negatives to smoking , no positives .
ok stop buying cigs please
it makes your skin bad compared to others
ur breath is gona start to smell
and give u cancer
does that help u to stop smoking....
i bet ur saying no i want a better answer right?
well try everyday to reduce cigs so tomorrow have 4 instead of like 10 and then everyday have less and then u will end up having noone
or u can buy those special gums that u chew
they work :P
or those paches

good luck
:):):):)):

xxxxxxxx
its never too late to stop smoking
I smoked for over fifty years. (camel regulars). I stopped because I had a better use for the money. If they put the price back into perspective I would continue to smoke. I do not feel better because I quit. I smoked three packs a day. I do not like the fact that I had to quit because of the cost. The doctors and the government need to get out of peoples business. They have been blaming things (cancer) on cigarettes and other things. But if you don-t know something for a fact then keep it to yourself. I am 72 years old and in good health. If what they said of cigarettes I should be dead. My father smoked and my grandfather smoked and probably all of my for fathers before them. The doctors don-t know what causes cancer so they can blame it on what ever they want. In my life time they have found that cancer was caused by every thing from breathing and eating to getting the wrong kind of exercise. If they don-t know what it is they call it cancer.
The way I quit was easy. I just told myself that I didn-t want to feed the politicians anymore of my money. The last huge raise in the price of cigarettes was for education.Ha! Ha! The thing that was most important was to keep a pack of cigarettes in my pocket at all times. You can-t quit if you don-t have the opportunity to tell yourself no! Good luck!
What is a good way to quit smoking? -