Whats the most effective way to quit smoking? -

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Whats the most effective way to quit smoking? -


besides patches
I have yet to have success in quitting, but I have found that keeping my hands busy really helps extend the time between cigarettes. Also, back when I was nearly successful, it helped to just have the unlit cigarette in my mouth. To those folks with the simple answers....you-ve never smoked, have you? Simple answer, hard as heck to do.
COLD TURKEY.... But the true issue is... Do you really want to quit.. It is my experience that you cant not quit unless you truly want to. no stupid patch or gum can do it... you need to look inside and know its time to give it up..
Never start smoking!

You will have to find the best way for you. All of the things out there are just garbage for some as they do not work for them!
just quit cold turkey.
Where I worked, the attorney and I both smoked. After I left the job, I found that the change of environment helped me quit -cold turkey.- You will be surprised how easy it was! I REALLY wanted to quit smoking.so I DID. No patches, nothing but stopped for three days and that has now been 9 months!
It is my understanding that quiting this addiction is harder than many drugs...I think you have to WANT to quit more than anything... you need your friends help... family--s help... co-workers help... and like the others say keep your hands busy a worry stone, a play dough in a fav colour, squish squish... chew gum and suck on hard long lasting candy...know that you CAN do this . tough it out...If you screw up don-t freak... just put it out and start over.
Best if you can do it with medical support. There is an effective method that involves taking Wellbutrin in varying doses to help the cravings. The wellbutrin along with gradually decreasing doses of the patch makes the withdrawal easier.
I-ve heard that people who think about their family whenever they have a craving are 5 times less likely to buy a pack or smoke at that time. I-ve also heard of keeping a picture of your family in your pack or family members slipping it in without the smoker noticing. It-s an incredible phychological tool that works what can literally be miracles in their own way.
take a look at this
http://no-smoking.org/may06/05-12-06-1.h…
looks promising. It is in pharmacies now. This is day number two for me but im on the patch.
don-t light the cigarette
the best way i did it.. chew lots of gum.. or everytime you think you want one pop a piece of candy in your mouth.. try to stay away from other smokers.. start working out or something else to keep your mind off things.. toothpicks in your mouth.. something like that! I can tell you the craving never really go away.. its how you deal with them! Good luck to you! It is a total mind game with yourself I will tell you that much!!
Cold turkey and lots of will power. Drink lots of water and find something to do with your hands. I took up knitting but I guess you wont want to do that. Take guitar lessons or something that will keep you thinking about something else.
The big thing is will power!! Good luck.
Refrain from buying the d---ed things. That way next time you want one, you won-t have one.
I dont know but i have to quit on monday so im gonna put this on my watch list
I started to go for a run every day. Once I hadn-t had a cigarette for about 4 days I noticed an immediate increase in my stamina. Now I run everyday and feel so good about myself for it.
Whats the most effective way to quit smoking? -