How did you quit smoking? -

Monday, April 9, 2012

How did you quit smoking? -


i have been smoking cigarettes since i was 12 and a half.. im nearly 18 and rely in them to much. and i don-t want to be smoking or worrying about smoking when i experience the real world and have a job and actually have to buy the smokes myself with my own cash. it smells. my lungs ain-t the best. i don-t want to harm my body any longer. i want to quit for me and my non-smoker b/f.
I recommend cutting down gradually until your quit date. I did this. I cut down to half a pack. I did this for three months. I smoked by the puff, not by the cigarette. I took only the amount of nicotine that was necessary to satisfy my urge to smoke and put the rest of the cigarette out.

After doing this for three months I quit cold turkey.

Now I-m eating more candy to distract me but its been 4 months. I have urges but they don-t last more than a second or two. If they-re lasting more than that then you-re concentrating on the cigarette. Don-t do it. Concentrate on something else.
Throw away all the cigars you have right now and don-t buy anymore and don-t bum it off anyone.

Sorry. Ok, it-s based off of my experience. I said it because a smoker who can-t quit smoking says -I-ll quit smoking after finishing the cigars I have- and continues buying next box.
A smoker who can quit smoking quits smoking immediately at the moment he/she decides to quit.

I quited smoking in the way I said first, though it might need the firm resolution to quit.
I think the most good and quick way to quit smoking is to make up your mind firmly and throw away all the cigars you have so far and never buy or smoke again.

First, withstand it for one month, and then you won-t have wanted to start smorking again to waste the one month you withstood.
I started smoking when I was 13. I smoked for 18 years until finally... I quit! I wasn-t addicted at first, and in fact with me it took several years before I was fully addicted. I felt as if I was addicted long before I actually was. I would say by the age of 20 I realized I was hooked.
With the cost of cigarettes continuing the go up I knew I had to make the decision to quit. So I did some research on what was the best and most effective way. According to many statistics I read it said Cold Turkey was the best way to quit and stay quit. I smoked every cigarette I had, went to bed, and started out the next day without any cigarettes. It was one of the hardest things I have done. I did not think I was going to get through it but each craving I fought off I found strength knowing that was one more craving down. I felt as if I was a drug addict, and essentially I was! I have not had a cigarette in 4 months! I still get cravings once in a while, but they are getting smaller, and farther apart!
The one thing my Dr. and ex smokers had told me was... If you want to quit you can, but if your not committed you will fail! Good luck! Remember the quicker you quit smoking the easier it will be!
Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
I think it would be best if you have clinical interventions by your health care providers. This coupled with behavioral and counseling therapies can greatly increase your chances of overcoming smoking. Those programs that usually have one-on-one counseling and therapy work best according to statistics.
You can find experience and success stories Here

http://www.detoxinsider.com/testimonial.…


Success Stories and mini blogs about people who managed to quit smoking.
It might help you answer your question

Good Luck
Chantix is the most effective stop smoking med, with a success rate of 40%. I know that doesn-t sound high, but it-s at least twice that of other methods -- it takes the average smoker five attempts to quit.
How did you quit smoking? -