Gonna try to quit smoking been reffered by my GP any advice...? -

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gonna try to quit smoking been reffered by my GP any advice...? -


How long will it take till I can get the magic pill... Will they make me try the patches etc first. I have tried them many times before they never work for me.. I just end up wearing 4 and still smoking. Then feeling rather sick.
I m sorry to say I smoked for 40 yrs, gave up loads of times for a couple of days. In 2000 I had a heart attack, 2 weeks in Hospital and I swore I would never smoke again. Within 2 weeks of being out I was smoking again. THEN 2 months ago my nurse at the asthma clinic asked if I would do a trial test for CHAMPIX. They stop the craving for a ciggie, although I still want one Im not going through any cravings or bad moods. I smoked my last ciggie 3wks and 5days ago.And have no desire to start again , but I could-nt have done it without the tablets.PLEASE TRY THEM . Unlike Fiddler I was told to smoke for 2 wks make that my date and then stop which I did.
The answer is what ever you try you have got to want to, there is no magic cure I-m sorry to say!

I gave up in Jan, because It was time, my skin was showing signs of smoking, my breath stank, my clothes and hair wreaked of smoke,, my teeth are getting weak,, so thought it was time to do something about it,, I used patches and have been very successful,,,, very pleased, at the weekend someone I haven-t seen for months told me I look years younger,,

The money I have saved is taking me to Turkey for one week in August,, so there you go,, its all up to you really. Do you want to do it or not. There is help out there, but not a cure. You have to play a part in giving up,, you have to want to.

Good Luck! Its really worth it!
I quit with Champix last August. It totally worked for me, in fact I didn-t complete the course as didn-t feel I need the full 12 week supply. Made me feel very sick but so worth it as I never even wanted a cigarette and without realising it I had stopped.

I was smoking 20 a day too and I set my target date (essential) but actually stopped the day before as you really just don-t fancy one or get any cravings for one. Feel much better now in all aspects, financially and health wise.

Don-t give up - you will quit! I can-t recommend Champix any higher - for me it was a wonder drug that made you feel lousy!!! But it worked!!! Good luck!
I quit by using the nasal spray. Its effects are instant, ie you are dying for a ciggie, use the spray and you just not bothered about one anymore. You can use it up to 62 times per day usually a spray up each nostril up to twice an hour. I tried patches, didnt work. Went on to spray and i aint had a ciggie for 9 months now. Never felt so bloody rough in my life lol.
O Yea , O Yea , New lungs for old , New group on yahoo , cures anyone of smoking , difficult cases a speciality. No doom and gloom on this site , quitting is very enjoyable - it must be mustn-t it ,think of the massive benfits heading your way .You asked for advice ape x ,so log in and I-ll give you some more
SARAH W....... you interested .?
just tell them they didn-t work before and they might give you the inhalator or a pill which my dad took made him stop and he hasn-t touched a ciggarette in 4 years, but you must have the will power to stop, you have to want to stop and now or treatment will be pointless and a waste or time money and your energy!!

good luck :)
to be honest, if you really want to quit, then this is my adive, i think its like anything, drinking drugs or losing weight whatever, the top and bottom of it is, u need to not make any excuses for yourself, if you want to quite QUIT its willpower mroe than anything....dont just say h ill have jus 1, just dont have 1 its all in your mind, just dont buy them and dont have 1, you have to work hard at it, dig in and say ur nto going to let the cigarettes win, it will be hard but anything worth having like the ability to not want a smoke, is worth working hard for...just go for it no excuses its all down to you, good luck
Get Champix and don-t start taking them until the day comes
when you know.This is the day i stop.I went into hospital to have
an operation(rush job)the other week and got out last Friday.I
haven-t felt like a cig since going in.Bit extreme i know.But you
have to be in the mood to stop and remember the first one you
smoke.Is the first of many.
i have just tried the champix tablets, didn-t work for me and i-m still smoking :(
good luck
Patches,Will Power, and take one day at a time.
They should make you take the patches they are very good! But please resist it WILL kill you!
I give up on tablets with nicotine (Nicotinerrete) mint ones... 4mg are the best for starters. I give up for 4 months and now back to sigs because my Oldest son troubles me too much
Go Cold Turkey. You-ll experience what drug addicts go through.
Gonna try to quit smoking been reffered by my GP any advice...? -