What is the best way to quit smoking? -

Sunday, November 24, 2013

What is the best way to quit smoking? -


Besides cold turkey
Chantix
Buy More smoke less.I don-t mean smoke more.I mean buy a pack of cigarettes called More. I guarantee you smoke less or like I do I force a pack to last at least 4-5 days,if I-m traveling I may take1-2 with me.Certain foods/drinks make you crave for one so I try to wait and not smoke directly after eating whatever it is like CHICKEN(fried) PRAYING when I get a urge and can-t....Sometimes I look and say WOW I didn-t smoke yet;then I give Thanks...I can feel the difference already even though I never smoked more than a pack per day.This is my 3rd attempting to stop, the first 2 times I stopped for 6 months. Why did I start again,Birthday Bashes/Stress.....Medically: I don-t like the gum,I forget to wear the patch,got bored with the inhaler other then that COLD TURKEY or in my case Slow Turkey......Blessings Yahoo
Read up on it. Go to the local library and get some books on how people stop -bad and dangerous habits-. I quit a long time ago, and I made a list of benefits to quitting. I was saving, back then a couple thousand dollars a year! Cig.-s have gone up to $5.00 a pack and up! I would never pay that, not to mention the lung disease! I lost three friends in a row as a direct result of there smoking! Lung cancer , and complications to the respiratory system. Always think quality of life, how much better it-s going to be! You can do it!
By not smoking.Simple - isnt it. All it takes is self confidence.If you lack it you-ll continue to only ask such questions.Go ahead.After all its only a bloody habit,kick it.You are the master of your actions.If its other way round.Bye.
Ditto on the Chantix!

Both Hubby and I quit March 10th, and haven-t fallen back to it. It-s a bit expensive, but worth it.
Substitute it for another habit which is less harmful, such as drinking alot of coffee.
If you can-t make it by going cold turkey, then I-d go along with the previous answer....Chantix worked for me.
What is the best way to quit smoking? -