How did you quit smoking? -

Sunday, August 3, 2014

How did you quit smoking? -


I-ve tried cold turkey a few times...and failed. I was wondering how others beat the habit
Went cold turkey but I had a strong incentive. Soon as my wife became pregnant I stopped smoking and haven-t smoked since in the last 7 years.
Chantix works, and I used a few herbal formulas to deal with anxiety, etc.... I just took it and kept smoking, it kicked in after about two and a half MONTHS, and I just didnt want one any more... a year 1/2 later, still dont want one.... smoked over 40 years... amazing
for herbal formulas look up seven forests, white tiger
I started by not liking the way it smelled or looked and how it made my daughter feel to think that I might smoke. I started programming my mind to hate it and i eventually did. Once I realized I have that self control then it all got easier, I even had a cig just because i was bored and i knew i could and i didnt like it very much. Thats the thing too. Know that you can have one, some people I know even kept packs around just to make them feel better you carry the pack around, then eventually you dont need it. Well just some ideas. Just remember its ok to be grumpy and sick and everyone will just have to understand. Good luck friend
I used the patch. Just came off of it. The first couple of days without the patch were excrutiating. Doing a bit better now.

For me what decided it was this economy, and that I would either be able to afford cigarettes or groceries. I chose groceries (grudgingly).

Good luck to you!
How did you quit smoking? -