Can anyone break down Allen Carrs book how to quit smoking quot;The Easy Wayquot; without me reading it? -

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Can anyone break down Allen Carrs book how to quit smoking quot;The Easy Wayquot; without me reading it? -


Please?
Here it is in a nutshell.

You smoke because you-re addicted to nicotine. But the physical part of that addiction is very minor. It-s your psychological dependency that-s the problem. That-s because you believe it helps you in some way, that you enjoy it or it gives you a benefit. The slight feeling of withdrawal triggers your mental dependence and you then fool yourself into believing you need a cigarette. But all the cigarette will do is create the craving for the next.

Do you think you need will power to quit? Why would you need will power to stop smoking if you didn-t want to smoke? The trouble is you do want to smoke and Allen Carr-s method will explain why you smoke, not why you should stop. When you know why you smoke and how the nicotine trap works you won-t be fooled any longer and your desire to smoke will be removed as well as your fears of how you will deal with life without cigarettes.

The addiction is 99% in your mind because you believe you need cigarettes. But the truth is you don-t. You didn-t need them before you started to smoke did you?

Try using Allen Carr’s Easyway To Stop Smoking. You can buy the book, watch the DVD or attend an Allen Carr Clinic. All Allen Carr therapists have been smokers and have used his method to quit. Providing you have an open mind, you will find this method not only easy but enjoyable. It doesn’t have to be traumatic. Smokers make it hard for themselves because they don’t go about it the right way. Check out the website http://www.allencarr.com.au/states/qld to find out more.
From what I read on Amazon, it appears that the book deals with the psychological and mental aspects of smoking. It-s what I worked with, myself, while I was quitting in January 2005. I looked at when and why I smoked and questioned what I really got out of it. I bought a pack on Monday, the first week of the year, and by late Friday evening (before midnight, I think) I smoked my last bit. I weaned myself from them.

If you don-t want to buy the book, see if the library has it. Go to Barnes and Noble or Boarders and sit and read it and take notes. (I-ve done that many times.) Or, see if you can find it at a used bookstore for under $5.
Can anyone break down Allen Carrs book how to quit smoking quot;The Easy Wayquot; without me reading it? -