Just quit smoking quick question? -

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Just quit smoking quick question? -


I just quit smoking and it feels like I got something stuck in my throat how long does this last and what is it?
I grew up near people who used to smoke. You may even go around reaching for you cigarettes from your pocket. I hear it last for 2-3 weeks. It should ease by then.
Don-t worry about it, it-s just a physical response to the change in your body as it adjusts to life without the toxins from smoking. This is the natural self-healing process of your immune system working, that-s all.
maybe phlegm. actually you-ll find that you will start coughing more and raising a brownish colored mucus as the body cleans the airway. this may last up to six weeks. urges to smoke will be frequent thats why some people resort to nicotine patches, I can-t say they are 100% effective for everyone but they can help.

when i help people to quit smoking the first thing i begin with is to tell them to smoke up all the cigarettes they have or throw them out, and don-t buy anymore period. secondly if you have to smoke bum one or two from friends, don-t buy any. eventually your friends will stop giving you ciggies b/c they cant afford two bad habits or you-ll stop bumming b/c it-s embarrassing. the corollary is you slowly reduce your nicotine dependency. will power is the third thing. no matter whose program or what method if you dont have the will to quit you wont. Last thing, the urge to smoke can stay with you the rest of your life, it-s imprinted on a brain cell somewhere in your unconscious mind. I gave up smoking 40 years ago but may have one or two ciggies in a year just b/c i feel the need. can-t explain why, don-t care. i just feed the temptation and then let it go. most quitters cant do that.
You will find that your body does some strange things during the first few months. It is your body-s way of getting rid of all of the toxins.

I was very sick for about 3 months. I had bad headaches, nausea, coughing, soar throat, and of all things I got an ear infection. Dr. said it was all related to quitting and that these were my withdrawl symptoms.

Stick with it. It is probably the hardest thing you will ever do but it is worth it in the end.
I quit a 5 pack a day habit, For about 14 months I went the a bunch of crap One phase was a smokers hack at about 3AM and 3 PM

One phase was charlie horses, one phase was shortness of breath that put me in the hosp 5 times

Most of the 1st year I fliped from High to low BP, my pulse rate all over the place

But I stuck it out 2 years behind me going for 3
a couple of days its only your throat healing back up
First I should say that quitting smoking can only help you.
I smoked for about ten years and when I quit I was a heavy smoker. I was smoking at least a pack and a half a day.
I quit cold turkey and never had a relapse, so if I can do it you can do it.
Aside from all that, go to a doctor when you get the chance.
If you can-t afford a doctor and your throat get-s worse, go to the emergency room.
You are choking on a nicorette, or else...

Its your lungs finally able to clear. It could last a week or two, then you will be all better.

Keep up the good work.
Just quit smoking quick question? -