How many of you out there have quit smoking? -

Sunday, October 18, 2020

How many of you out there have quit smoking? -


any advice to someone who is on there 4th day?
u shudnt start smoking in the 1st place x
Packed up in May 2005 put on 2 stone lost 5 teeth eating to many sweets feel miserable, other than my breathing is better I feel like siht, if they made a snout that didn-t give you lung cancer and it cost £10 for 20, I would start again to morrow, also if i new then what i know now I-m not sure i would bother
I love smoking....but if u have managed to quit, well done and keep it up x
not me will stop when i want to not when they tell me its my only vice haha
Hi well i am on day 44 now and although it has become easier i still have a few difficult times, the cravings dont really go they just get easier to handle.
I have tried all the patches and gums etc in the past but they just did not work for me so this time i just went cold turkey i have been going to bed early because i find the evenings really hard drinking water when the cravings get really bad and reminding myself that actually the craving only lasts a few minutes then it passes. I think the most important thing is having the right frame of mind you must really want to give up and be ready to give up, try to avoid places where you know u will be tempted for the first couple of weeks, be proud of each day because it is an achievment, good luck.
start a new habit like writing a poem everytime you want to smoke
all i can say is well done, its definatley the hardest thing to do , but be strong, clean the house , do something to keep you busy, i have stopped smoking 6 weeks ago..not easy as my husband smokes, but just remember how much better you are going to feel in a few weeks...i felt like great for the first few days, all fresh in my mind of what i was doing, now into my sixth week the cravings are going its just the habit of not reaching for a cigarette thats still there...be strong , believe in yourself that you can do it ...and amazingly you will feel better..try the patches if you are struggling they do help or inhulator just to get the feeling of holding that cigarette...
good luck :)
Yep. 19 years ago. I had the acupuncture thing done by a clinic - I don-t know if that-s what did it - but something worked. On the 4th day - it-s hard hard to do. But just remember - smokers smell like pee. And get wrinks around their lips.
I have smoked off and on since I was 13. I have been smoke free this time for 7 years. I remember how hard it was! Especially when EVERYONE that I worked with and most of my friends smoked.

Sometimes I still miss it, until I pass a smoker. Now I realize how bad I used to smell and the damage I was doing to my body and face. Mostly when I have a drink. They seem to go hand in hand. No pun intended.

I wish you the best. It-s hard. I quit cold turkey each time.
ITS BEEN 2 YEARS NOW BUT ON THE 4TH DAY YOU JUST HAVE TO HANG IN THERE AS EACH DAY IT GETS BETTER.
Just dont give in, most cravings last 15 minutes so everytime you have one do something to keep your mind busy until its gone. other than that all I can say is use will power as long as you can. Good luck, choosing to quit is a very smart choice and I hope you can do it. the 4th day is supposed to be the hardest
I smoked 20/30 every day for 28 years then decided id had enough ...3 and a half years now and still going strong!
Best advise i can give is use a patch and keep away from people who smoke as much as possible until your really over the worse.
I think there are 2 types of smokers...addicts and enjoyers decide which you are and then take the appropriate alternatives...you-ve got to reallllly want to give up and not want to put another ciggy in your gob again if you cant hand on heart say -I-m bored of smoking and had enough- then you don-t stand a chance to be honest.
I gave up on the night my other half invited 8 smokers round the house for the whole weekend without telling me...talk about torture!
You will be amazed at the difference when you do quit...the smell of smoke now is disgusting to me and lets just say my partners friends don-t smoke in my home any more!
Good luck with this...just remember if you don-t succeed then try again when your ready as many times as you need to before it works for you.
We are all different and all have different ways of giving up the dreaded weed, i gave up almost 3 years ago now i smoked between 25 and 30 a day and that was for 30 years
My reason for giving up was that i had to go in to hospital and thought well this is a good time as i won-t have the option to smoke so i went to my GP before i went in to hospital and got patches and they did help , i also kept a packet of cigs although i never had one and it helped .
I got through loads of packets of polo mints at first but i am off those now.

There is a lot of help out there now for people wanting to pack up smoking, its not easy and i admire anyone that is doing it right now or have done it in the past.
Just think of the cost of them!.
And since packing up i never realised how awfully i must have smelt to a non smoker .
Well done to you on your 4th day, it does get easier and i wish you all the best!
Make a long detailed list of all the reasons, even the stupid ones, you want to quit and each time you have a craving, get out the list and read it aloud. Intense cravings only last a few minutes and by the time you-ve finished your list, it-s passed.
The 29th of July was 4 months for me...It wasn-t that hard because I moved to another state and wasn-t around other smokers...chew some nicotine gum for the first few days and do a lot of cardio...don-t let those stupid little sticks beat you...If you need some encouragement...email me...I-ll talk you through it...
i have been packed up for almost 3 weeks, and it is still like the first day to me, if you fancy a smoke go stand next to a person who has just put out a cig and take a deep breathe the smell alone should put you of a smoke thats what i do if i fance one, go sit next to the smoking area at work.
i-ve tried to quit, but its very hard for me right now. the longest ive gone was 5 days. im gonna keep trying...
I gave up 10 years ago, after being a smoker for 16 years.

it-s hard to give up, but it is achievable! try and find things to take your mind off cigarettes, and at these early stages in trying to quit, it-s the hardest time.

The trick to successfully giving up is actually wanting to do it, if you are just giving up because you think you should you may struggle, but if you REALLY want to you can do it, give yourself rewards for making certain dates, like treat yourself to your favourite sweet or something when you-ve gone a week without one, and something else after a month. etc.
I have 5 months ago now. I had smoked for 20 years and used to go thrugh 20+ a day.
I was lucky though..I fell pregnant and went off the smell and taste so I was able to give up with no support at all.
In fact, I wish I could bottle how I feel about it, I-d make a fortune lol.
All I can say is well done..keep occupied.
You will feel and smell much better for it!!!!
No way. I dont want to and I enjoy it very much. I dont want to be 98 and sharing a care home with the miserable anti smoking b@stards anyway.

It is my human right to do whatever I want to to my own body so fvck off anyone who thinks otherwise

Yeah fvck you im loving it! (i really hope my smoking shortens your life span, you all deserve it)
Say to yourself -just for today i won-t smoke- when you wake up and throughout the day. Say it again when you wake up. This takes it one day at a time and fools your brain into not thinking its forever.
Just resolve each day.

Have you read Allen Carrs book?
yeah it is easy i just stopped buying them.how many a day u smoke. i smoked one every day
Yeah me 4 years now, my only advice is stick with it you will feel so much better i know its hard but use the products available and you will smell sooo much better its only when you stop you realise just how bad you used to smell especially when you stand next to some one who-s just had a fag sorry forgot it was a PC word i meant cigarette
One and a half months ago...You just have to keep busy.
smoking is for losers. i never smoke and never will!!!!!!
How many of you out there have quit smoking? -