What is the Best method to quit smoking? -

Friday, November 17, 2006

What is the Best method to quit smoking? -


What worked for you?
What works that is over the counter?
What works that I need a prescription for.
26, started smoking at 16.
Bamma say fastest way to die. Bamma say best way to wake up tomorrow. Bamma say throw out smoke. Bamma say throw out ashtray. Bamma say block it out. Bamma say mind no matter. Bamma say pretend you non-smoker. Bamma say you no smell and not no it. Bamma say you burn non-smoker eye from smelly clothes. Bamma say that a fack jack. Bamma say scrpitions for the weak. Bamma say you brainwash by tv commercial. Bamma say Bamma wake up one day non-smoker. Bamma say simple as that. Bamma otta know.
Greetings. Congrats on deciding to quit. I personally used Chantix and was finally able to quit after over thirty years smoking. I swear by it. I also started a yahoo group dedicated to helping those who are trying to quit with extensive files, links, news, etc. attached that can answer any question you might have regarding smokng and quitting. Feel free to have a look.


http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sta…

Ihee0726 is full of crap. Just because you smoke doesn`t mean you`re a lazy person, I`m sure you know that. I`ve worked very physical jobs all my life - worked out at the gym for the last 15 years. The reason I quit, was that I could feel the cigarrettes stealing my breathe. It really does sneak up on you gradually. I started when i was 18 - am now 43, 23 years. I have 2 fairly young kids - want to see them grow up. I tried cold turkey - was fine for about 2 weeks, but it`s like stretching a rubber band. Each day I would get more angry - jittery - the craving got unbearable. I also tried nicotine replacement, which was a joke, as was hypnosis. I finally tried a new drug that Pfizer has out called Chantix. It really works - I haven`t had a cigarrette in 7 months. I have gained 20 pounds, but I am able to run again so that should come off soon. I would recommend Chantix for anyone who wants to quit, it blocks the inhibitors in the brain that take in the nicotine , there`s few side effects. I hope you have it as easy as i have. Go talk to your doctor about it. good luck!!!
try the patch... it gives you a nicotine fix that you crave from cigarettes, there-s also gum that does that too,
just slowly start cutting down on when you smoke,
if you get an urge to have a smoke, snack on something or chew some gum...
I just stopped. Woke up decided I wasnt gonna kill myself anymore and didn-t smoke again.
I-m 27 smoked since I was 14.
Admittedly it has only been 2 months.

I think the answer is really that you have to want to. I tried loads of times and failed because I wasnt really commited. Knew I shouldnt but still wanted too smoke.
You need to find what works for you.

Good luck, it is worth it when you do it! I promise

Oh and putting the money aside that you save helps.
I want to go to India but couldnt really afford it, so I am saving the money I-m not spending on cigs it is amazing how quickly the money totals up!
Best Known Ways to Quit Smoking
By: Jeff Flow

When you realize that your health is in danger because of smoking or that your budget is very much affected by this or you were just struck by the idea of giving up this vice you are very fortunate to know that there are a lot of ways to quit smoking.

The ways to quit smoking are either sudden or slow but sure, they either rely on your own personal determination or on the help of the others. Whatever method you choose you must be very prepared for the difficult period that follows the moment when you last smoked a cigarette. And this is because of the addiction to nicotine that once withdrawn from the organism it causes trouble.

The sudden impulse to give up smoking is known under the name of “cold turkey” and it is the result of a personal choice. Among the gradual ways to quit smoking may be enumerated the nicotine replacement therapy, the individual or group therapy, some modern and non-medical methods such as acupuncture, kabala practices and others but also physical exercises.

Be Determined

The first step towards a successful decision to give up smoking is to find a strong motivation. This must be sought in your own person, inside you. Nobody can convince you that you should quit your vice if you are not really determined that you actually want to do this. And also it depends on you which of the ways to quit smoking best suits you, if you think that you are able to do it on your own or to ask for assistance. If you want to choose the latter variant you have several alternatives.

Nicotine Replacement Therapy

It is incorrect to say that you are addicted to smoking because in fact you are addicted to nicotine and to the idea of a routine. The moment you try to provide the required quantity of nicotine to which your body was used while you were a smoker all you have to do in rest is to keep your hands busy and to work on your psyche. This way you’ll certainly quit this vice.

Individual or Group Therapy

Probably the most efficient among all the ways to quit smoking is the individual or group therapy. The reason why it is confirmed to be the surest method is that everything happens in an organizational environment and help is provided by professionals who are instructed for this.

Modern Techniques

Acupuncture, hypnosis, laser therapy are some modern methods that come in the help of those who want to quit smoking. Due to the fact that they are rather modern tools their efficiency for a one hundred percent success has not been completely demonstrated.

Sports

Smokers are usually lazy persons as this vice affect their physical resistance. Practicing all kinds of physical exercises is the best way to reestablish the health of your body but it also reduces the desire to smoke. Exercising should not lack from any process of giving up smoking.

Every smoker should decide which of these ways to quit smoking is best for him. If one of them does not function then he should try another one or in order to get the desired results a combination of these is recommended.
Don-t give up at once. reduce the number of cigarette gradually and when it comes to one or two leave it.
cold turkey, just fight through the cravings. After that first week it will become easier to stay away.
I-ve smoked for 10 years and have started using nicotine replacement patches, this is my 6th day without a cigarette so early days yet...!! Seem to be working fine so far. Give it a try and good luck..!
determination
What is the Best method to quit smoking? -