Quit smoking? -

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quit smoking? -


i want to quit smoking but i-ve tried going cold turkey and it didn-t work.to stressful! any advise?help!
Here-s some tips that helped me stop.

1. Don-t EVER keep an -emergency pack- lying around. If you have one, you-re only saying you are not ready to quit. If you have an emergency pack, you will smoke it.

2. Drink loads of water when you feel like smoking -- don-t know why, but drinking bottoled water seems to help loads of people, including myself.

3. Try to limit spending time with friends of yours who smoke during the first few weeks -- the less time spent around smokers, the less the chance that you-re going to want one ... better yet, try to get them to quit smoking, too. Having a -quit smoking buddy- REALLY helps.

4. Don-t try to quit when you-re going thru a stressful time. Just a bad idea.
You rock... good luck.

Try the advice at

www.whyquit.com
Hey, I-m going through exactly the same thing. Everyone said, -When are you going to quit?- and I would answer, -When I-m dead, because I enjoy smoking so much.- Well, guess what, I started cutting down in January. I would smoke 2/3 of a cigarette and throw the rest away. I would smoke 1/2 of a cigarette, and put it out, and finish the other 1/2 later. Slowly I went from 15 a day to 5 a day. Then to 4, 3, 2, 1. Then 1 every 2 days. Then guess what happened? When I had a smoke I had pain in my chest (heart?) and dizziness in my head. I couldn-t fall asleep or stay asleep. It became terrible to have a cigarette. But I would still have a few puffs every few days. I would suffer and feel miserable. And then it became worse to smoke than to not smoke. It is now August 10th. I quit a few days ago. That-s it. I can-t and won-t have another one. I-m still going through withdrawal but a few more days and I will hopefully start feeling better. Try cutting down. Hope it helps.
Quit smoking? -