Which way to quit smoking is more successful? The nicotine patch or gum? -

Friday, August 7, 2009

Which way to quit smoking is more successful? The nicotine patch or gum? -


I don-t plan on doing it cold turkey because I am in the process of getting of a medication so the less withdrawel effects the better.
Almost the same

Zyban seems to be the best
I want to quit too :(
Wish I had the answer for you, I need to quit now I am on meds but don-t want to put more in the body than it has now. It is used to the smoke. (Dumb statement but true.) Good luck to you. I would rather be addicted to nicotine than mind altering drugs though.
God bless you for wanting to quit, it-s the best thing for you. However if you are coming off another medication perhaps it-s best to wait until that is over with before quiting. Quiting can make you slightly sick even if you use the patch. And the patches and gum are still nicotine so it-s not as good for you as going cold turkey.
why did u start smoking to begin with i guess u just have to die of lung cancer see u in the next world
I did the patches, they were great, I gave up in a few months and haven-t gone back. If you-re short of cash you can get them on prescription as well. I bought them myself though. Good luck, it-s not easy but stick to it.
I did the gum. It worked for me but I was a light smoker.
Which way to quit smoking is more successful? The nicotine patch or gum? -