What helped you quit smoking? -

Monday, August 10, 2009

What helped you quit smoking? -


I-m a smoker, smoke about a half pack a day. Have been for almost four years. I want to quit. I really do, and I want to know how anyone else has quit and what would possibly help me.

Hopefully because I-m only 17 my chances will be good. If anything wish me luck! Thanks everyone.
When I quit smoking I started by changing my habits. If I normally had a cigarette right after a meal, I waited 20 minutes. Then I didn-t smoke in the car anymore or in the house. Next step, I used nicorette gum, now that can help or hurt, you go for the gum, you are still getting the nicotine but you save the lungs. Used the gum for a month and once I was out of the habit of inhaling smoke, I was successful. I had tried to quit 3 other times, and this was the method that worked for me. I also realized guys don-t like girls who smoke.
Its a good decision that you have taken to quit smoking. The real point is that people smoke for many reasons and many times the reason is that they want to do something and they lit a cigarette. To help that you can try for some substitute when ever you feel like smoking. My friend has the same problem and he took the help of nicotine gum, whenever he felt like smoking he used one. The best point is that he received a free sample of 100 gum to try for free, they helped him and he then continued with them till he quit. I am sure it can help you too, you can also ask for free sample, he got it from the resource included below.. All the Best!!!
You can try
Hey Foxy,

I-ve tried just about every method there is out there and there is only one I can recommend - NLP! It eliminates the cravings.
Gum patches and all the other just did not cut it for me, not to mention cold turkey which was the hardest, I even tried the electric cig and it is just no match to the real thing.
Check out this article:
http://www.squidoo.com/Not_Smoking_Any_M…

it’s the one that got me off the cigs and smoke free for GOOD even without gaining weight! :)

Good luck kicking the habit!
J.
What helped you quit smoking? -