I have to quit smoking, what would be better?????????? -

Monday, September 20, 2010

I have to quit smoking, what would be better?????????? -


patches or those quit smoking pills? And are the generic patches as good as the name brand?
I recommend cutting down gradually until your quit date. I did this. I cut down to half a pack. I did this for three months. I smoked by the puff, not by the cigarette. I took only the amount of nicotine that was necessary to satisfy my urge to smoke and put the rest of the cigarette out.

After doing this for three months I quit cold turkey.
Hi cyncity..

first of all the good news.. congratulations on you decision to quit. that-s huge!!!.. well the bad news, or at least the other side is this.. there is no -one size fits all- way to quit.. there are pros, and cons to any method..after all if there was one that worked all the time im sure there would only be that product on the market.. there is no wrong way to quit!!! good luck on your decision

having said all that.. i smoked for over 40 years, and tried most methods, at one time or another.. i have quit for over 5 years now using the nicotine anonymous program.. i found the support of other quitters, as well as those who had already quit was very helpful.. meetings are available in many cities, as well as voice meetings online you are welcome at any of them..

Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
Gd on ya for wanting to quit!!! = ] ive recently quit smoking ,im on my 8th week and im telling ya i feel so good since ive quit (best thing i could have done) you wont feel that way at first but as each week goes by without smoking it gets so much easyer = ]. ive been useing the patches along with the nicorette gum! so id say go with the patches or patches and gum theyve really helped me = ]
I use the Commit lozenges. They come in 2 mg or 4 mg strength. I think they are easier than the patch or gum because:

A - The patch burns my skin

B - The gum tastes terrible, and is so difficult to chew.

The lozenges can be broken up for lower dosages, and all you do is put it in the corner of your mouth and let it dissolve over a couple of hours. No one even knows it is there! And while you can-t eat with it in your mouth, you can still drink.

But then again, I suppose it all depends on your cigarette habits. Are you after just the nicotine, or is it the habit, or both? For me, it is both, and with the lozenge, I get the nicotine, and I still have the -ritual- of carrying around the lozenge tube, and popping it open when I need one (almost like a pack of cigarettes).

I-ve also heard that a combination of techniques works. My doctor recently prescribed Zyban for me, to use in conjunction with the lozenges. That should do the trick. Good luck!

- G.
Get the book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking, by Allen Carr.
You can get it at any bookstore and I believe you can find a free PDF version online.Trust me, it helped me and 4 of my other friends quit with ease, and without a hit to your wallet. When I would have some rough moments I would watch videos on YouTube, anti-smoking ads they-ll instantly remind you why this is the best thing for you! Good luck you can do it!
get the nicoderm cq patches, they work really good and have been helping me alot. the gum is really annoying because you have to chew like 12 pieces a day and its really cinnamony,
nicorette gum or you can try the patches. i-m going to quiet to. i think i-ll try the patches.
Nicorette. Orange Flavor.
Herbal stop smoking methods are fit for all people and irrespective of their bodily constitution.

These are perfectly natural methods without side-effects because herbal remedies are plant derivatives and so perfectly safe. When one is on herbal remedies, there is no danger of introducing unsafe chemical substances into the body and this makes these remedies extremely popular.
I have to quit smoking, what would be better?????????? -